Installoo® Plastering stilts - Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weight they can carry mate, most state a max weight of 105kg. These can hold 120kg.

105kg isn't heavy to be honest..

From my point of view and other people who I have spoken to the fact they are lighter and can carry more weight says more about the build quality to start with. I would want the safest and best built pair if I was on them!

I'm not saying the cheaper ones don't do it well mate. They are good and serve the purpose they are made for. They are very good for the price, no denying it.

I have just added a new manufacturer of stilts to my range of products - something I never offered before. I haven't tried reinventing the wheel or take over the world or copying anyone's design. I don't make them I just buy them

I wonder if I had a Chinese company make them for me and I sold them at £30 a pair if I would get the same messages. No they would be different as people wouldn't want to take the risk 1m in the air with a poorly made cheap product
So you saying only Fat plasterers would benefit from this new range ? only light hearted banter Mate

The weight they can carry mate, most state a max weight of 105kg. These can hold 120kg.

105kg isn't heavy to be honest..

From my point of view and other people who I have spoken to the fact they are lighter and can carry more weight says more about the build quality to start with. I would want the safest and best built pair if I was on them!

I'm not saying the cheaper ones don't do it well mate. They are good and serve the purpose they are made for. They are very good for the price, no denying it.

I have just added a new manufacturer of stilts to my range of products - something I never offered before. I haven't tried reinventing the wheel or take over the world or copying anyone's design. I don't make them I just buy them

I wonder if I had a Chinese company make them for me and I sold them at £30 a pair if I would get the same messages. No they would be different as people wouldn't want to take the risk 1m in the air with a poorly made cheap product

Ryan

You post a product, and get feedback off guys that have used stilts for years and then get defensive because no ones queuing up to buy them, starting to sound like RWF0067.

I've not said that you're reinventing the wheel, I was pointing out that you're trying to sell some stilts for £200 ish when you can buy them for £70, and all your points for marketing them arnt valid as the cheaper ones do the same job and last for years.

Ryan

You post a product, and get feedback off guys that have used stilts for years and then get defensive because no ones queuing up to buy them, starting to sound like RWF0067.

I've not said that you're reinventing the wheel, I was pointing out that you're trying to sell some stilts for £200 ish when you can buy them for £70, and all your points for marketing them arnt valid as the cheaper ones do the same job and last for years.

Wow, I will have to start addressing my messages a bit then. Sorry.

I wasn't getting defensive mate, I addressed and answered what people said and addressed the price point. The re-inventing the wheel was more directed at a previous post from someone else

I have already sold some to customers and have people waiting to buy - the feedback given on price was fair. Yet with regards to performance and quality - everyone who has brought this up hasn't used this brand of stilt.

I'm grateful for the feedback and I'm not expecting this to take off instantly. It's an additional product to my range.

I may have came across defensive, but if you read through all the posts it's not exactly an easy job I have here. They are a different quality to the £60 ones. If they weren't, they would be priced at that

I wasn't getting defensive mate, I addressed and answered what people said and addressed the price point. The re-inventing the wheel was more directed at a previous post from someone else

I have already sold some to customers and have people waiting to buy - the feedback given on price was fair. Yet with regards to performance and quality - everyone who has brought this up hasn't used this brand of stilt.

I'm grateful for the feedback and I'm not expecting this to take off instantly. It's an additional product to my range.

I may have came across defensive, but if you read through all the posts it's not exactly an easy job I have here. They are a different quality to the £60 ones. If they weren't, they would be priced at that

There not a different quality at all tho!! They are not identical ffs

105kg isn't heavy to be honest.. 16.5 stone, I'm 14.5 and small in my friendship circle

@Hicky is spot on you are not getting it and I guarantee if you got them made in China for £30 a pair they would fly off the shelf. I couldn't be arsed working out the weights earlier on but I'm glad you did they take someone who is nearly 19 stone well I will tell you know if you were 19 stone and needed stilts you would be too fat to strap them on and before you say I'm wrong, I went up to about 15 and was struggling lol

@Hicky is spot on you are not getting it and I guarantee if you got them made in China for £30 a pair they would fly off the shelf. I couldn't be arsed working out the weights earlier on but I'm glad you did they take someone who is nearly 19 stone well I will tell you know if you were 19 stone and needed stilts you would be too fat to strap them on and before you say I'm wrong, I went up to about 15 and was struggling lol

I agree and maybe am looking at this wrong, but Dura-Stilts and Skywalker Mk1 are the leading makes when it comes to stilts - why? Because of the quality of the product.

Both have a very similar design to these and the EBay ones..

I could get the cheap ones but want to offer a high end product instead of a cheap alternative...

beddy uses them .............................:risas:

There not a different quality at all tho!! They are not identical ffs

The parts used, the specifications, the quality of build is all different.

How can a product which is lighter and can carry more weight be the same quality as a heavier product with a lower carrying capacity?

How would these or the EBay ones differ to DuraStilts

FFS Ryan can you not take a bit of constructive criticism. I'm a plasterer who has used a pair of £70 stilts for 8 years, and they look exactly the same as yours, it doesn't matter if yours are better quality, because mine work.

I agree and maybe am looking at this wrong, but Dura-Stilts and Skywalker Mk1 are the leading makes when it comes to stilts - why? Because of the quality of the product.

Both have a very similar design to these and the EBay ones..

I could get the cheap ones but want to offer a high end product instead of a cheap alternative...
Tell you what get your self a pair of dura stilts and stand them next to yours and you will see the difference also get some cheapos and do the same. Post the picture up on here save anyone else wasting their time and money and we will make a comparison :)

Tell you what get your self a pair of dura stilts and stand them next to yours and you will see the difference also get some cheapos and do the same. Post the picture up on here save anyone else wasting their time and money and we will make a comparison :)
Oh and for a bit of fun get a 19 stone bloke and make a short vid of him trying to strap his feet in :) @beddy

what about where one make on your right foot and another make on your left foot then...................erm another make on your labourers foot and then take photo and tell us which ones are best

105kg isn't heavy to be honest.. 16.5 stone, I'm 14.5 and small in my friendship circle

I'm the smallest of 3 brothers by at least a stone. I'm 17.4 so probably be an idea if I bought a pair with a better SWL than the ones I have. Everyone in Wigan is a giant ha

what about where one make on your right foot and another make on your left foot then...................erm another make on your labourers foot and then take photo and tell us which ones are best
Where's a three legged 19 stone plasterer when you need one :)

FFS Ryan can you not take a bit of constructive criticism. I'm a plasterer who has used a pair of £70 stilts for 8 years, and they look exactly the same as yours, it doesn't matter if yours are better quality, because mine work.

How haven't I taken the constructive views mate? I have answered them and agreed mostly

I've seen the difference myself first hand

Jump on painters and decoraters yawn fest of a forum ryan and try selling them,them..cmon marshy get a milf pic up

Status
Not open for further replies.