Insta stik mp21

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hi lads i have just got a job to do some plastering in a school the spec is something i'm not use to i have to stick foil back vapour boards on to painted brick work using this insta stick stuff and i was wondering weather any of you lads have used such stuff any help would be welcomed many thanks

is that stuff in a can like the expandable foam if it is it ok on very good substrates which your s sound like it will be.lie board down infront of where your putting it spray this s**t on and away you go

Been using the Pink Grip Dry fix this week. One thing you need to watch is that it keeps on expanding for 10 mins or so. So you put the board on, tap it back, come back in a bit and it's moved out a tad. I've been putting a couple of screws and plugs through to keep the boards where I want them.

is there much difference between this 'made and developed for sticking plasterboards' stuff and gun grade foam used for everything else? just seems a bit of a 'repackage the same product under a different name and charge more for it'...
not the diy stuff though, that tends to be high expansion...

if its anything like ordinary polyeurathane foam a good tip is to wet up the substrate slightly, it gives a better 'cell structure' to the foam, expands less, cures slightly quicker and is more dense..

ive had some 2x2 with a masonary screw in either end before today (where ive been dabbin and the boards have been left stood up overnight and bowed), the ones where you dont need a plug, just a 6mm sds drill bit, put the screws in the timber, use the screw ends to mark the board, drill through the board into the wall and wind the screws in.. it'll pull the board flat across the length of the timber..

Crap spec ,that should be MR if anything not foil backed, you should only screw fix these boards i can see it failing especially on painted brickwork would'nt fancy doing it myself. but good luck

in the days of everything gets pulled by the mm what a wank system!

Status
Not open for further replies.