Insta Stick on Artex ceiling overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Guys,

Got a steady job on at the moment, nice and comfortable room every couple of weeks style affair, customer supplying mats as he thinks it's saving him money......da da da. .

Anyway, all going well till I rock up and the guy hands me insta stick to bond new board over a large(ish) stipple artex kitchen ceiling.

I said I'd prefer not to use it however, he insists as he's scared the screws will puncture his central eating pipes ........ I know.....

so, what's the consensus on this stuff, I've heard about it but never used it and certainly never heard of it being used to overboard existing?

My concern is that the existing is an unknown entity.....surely you need screws on a ceiling?

What say you ?

Only as good as what you are sticking it to. Insist on putting a few screws in also.

As I'm on a day rate, the only other thing ready for me was a cupboard! Happy days, a day rate to skim up a cupboard!

Dont get get me wrong,if I wanted to I could have grabbed a bag of screws from the van and talked him into it but I'm on a day rate and he was so adamant he was supplying all the gear.....:RpS_cool:

He's lifting the boards upstairs to mark out the pipes now..... So I can use screws :RpS_blink:.....not sure how long he thinks the screws are......

Sounds like another wind up :RpS_unsure:

If I was reading this I'd probably agree with you..... but I do get some strange customers.

Have I told you about the housewife who wandered about in a bikini and heels while a was doing a garage conversion..... in February :RpS_love: ?

I can normally sort the nutters out on the first phone call ,if not when i price up , when someone tells me what to use ,i reply "what am i doing here if you know so much about the job "

Your the plasterer and tradesman , they get you in cos u na what ur doin ...... Lol he will **** the job up if he tells u how to do it all :-s eithers screws or screw that job haha , try get asmuch of the rest of the house done and avoid it .... Lol

We get it all the time with mono render ,"you can go over that mate ,it,s sound " someone will go over it ,but not me ,most guys take a gamble if they have no work ,then turn around and say "he told me it was ok ",so the customer knows more then the guy he rung to do the bloody job:RpS_cursing:

Give him the number of a good plumber and tell him it'll be alright lol.
Other than that use an old fashioned pipe detector (hammer) to find the joists ;)

Your the plasterer and tradesman , they get you in cos u na what ur doin ...... Lol he will **** the job up if he tells u how to do it all :-s eithers screws or screw that job haha , try get asmuch of the rest of the house done and avoid it .... Lol

That's the idea! It's difficult dragging a cupboard out all day, thou I've got very very clean tools now, even my buckets got a treat!

Take the tubes of insta stick and tell him you'll do it no probs. when you do it just screw the fking thing like any sane person would and pick up your cash as normal

If I was reading this I'd probably agree with you..... but I do get some strange customers.

Have I told you about the housewife who wandered about in a bikini and heels while a was doing a garage conversion..... in February :RpS_love: ?

Did you ride her

And the forum takes yet another dive.
Stupid people with stupid questions.

There's no question here, stupid or otherwise....just asking for insight into a product I've never seen before.

A stupid question would have been, can I stick plasterboard onto an existing, greasy artex ceiling with insta stick.....

Anyway, you've obviously never heard but there's no such thing as a stupid question anyway!!

There's no question here, stupid or otherwise....just asking for insight into a product I've never seen before.

A stupid question would have been, can I stick plasterboard onto an existing, greasy artex ceiling with insta stick.....

Anyway, you've obviously never heard but there's no such thing as a stupid question anyway!!

I just hope to God that you are just one of the many windups on here because you sure to hell shouldn't be out there pretending to be a tradesman.
And for your information there sure is such a thing as a stupid question, there are more and more on here all the time.

I just hope to God that you are just one of the many windups on here because you sure to hell shouldn't be out there pretending to be a tradesman.
And for your information there sure is such a thing as a stupid question, there are more and more on here all the time.

Pick up your dummy pal, I think you've dropped it..... Cheeky tw4t.

The sad thing Andy mate is he's not on the windup .... This trade is going so ****** up.

It is not the trade ,some of us give a **** and have pride in what we do ,the likes of Andy get pissed of because many don,t

Guys,

Got a steady job on at the moment, nice and comfortable room every couple of weeks style affair, customer supplying mats as he thinks it's saving him money......da da da. .

Anyway, all going well till I rock up and the guy hands me insta stick to bond new board over a large(ish) stipple artex kitchen ceiling.

I said I'd prefer not to use it however, he insists as he's scared the screws will puncture his central eating pipes ........ I know.....

so, what's the consensus on this stuff, I've heard about it but never used it and certainly never heard of it being used to overboard existing?

My concern is that the existing is an unknown entity.....surely you need screws on a ceiling?

What say you ?

mate .. You should fecking well know that the ceiling needs screwing! If your over boarding you should fecking well know how to avoid the pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.