Inset stove plaster peeling and cracked plasterboard

You are obviously the pro mate as you install them daily. I'm quite particular about these things and if I thought there was a fire risk I certainly wouldn't do it but appreciate you have to meet regs. I don't take the battens right down on the face I leave them around 8 inches from the cement board.
Pro or not, just had my HETAS site inspection today, and feeling a bit bruised. It's very detailed, I passed but got picked up on points that have changed recently (and HETAS didn't tell me). So I'm going to get checked again next year.
I'm due to go on my 5-year refresher course next April, seems lots has moved on and it's getting very detailed/complicated. I didn't know this, but apparently some stove manufacturers are stating minimum headroom clearances now, for just this reason.

I think I might give the inspector a bell and get a definitive answer from him, Because board and batten is very common so it's bound to come up again. But of course even asking marks me down.

Pro or not, just had my HETAS site inspection today, and feeling a bit bruised. It's very detailed, I passed but got picked up on points that have changed recently (and HETAS didn't tell me). So I'm going to get checked again next year.
I'm due to go on my 5-year refresher course next April, seems lots has moved on and it's getting very detailed/complicated. I didn't know this, but apparently some stove manufacturers are stating minimum headroom clearances now, for just this reason.
What did they pick you up on? I renewed mine last year without any problems and didn’t notice any changes in regs. Do you get the bulletin emails?

What did they pick you up on? I renewed mine last year without any problems and didn’t notice any changes in regs. Do you get the bulletin emails?
I haven't noticed any either, I do get the bulletims and read them
His interpretation of CO placement varied from mine - he says 1m min horizontal in a straight line not around the chimney recess, from side of stove not centre. Therefore my placement on side of chimney breast not ok.
His placement ended up half way across the small living room. Wouldn't signoff on me until I'd sent a picture of the relocated CO alarm.
Must have a draw reading and a live fire, noted on the commissioning sheet, not just cold smoke test that draws like hooker. If fire cement etc still drying then have to come back another day to commission. If client or builders/developers want a clean unburnt stove to show clients then tough, no commission or registration. He says don't use plumbers blow torch instead of live fire as extended use too much for them, 2 cases of them blowing up.
Like rugby Ref's, you might privately disagree but have to follow the Ref's decision!
Watch out - he did warn some manufacturers are now specifying a minimum head room to non-combustibles aswell as to the sides/back in the manual - covers them legally.

I haven't noticed any either, I do get the bulletims and read them
His interpretation of CO placement varied from mine - he says 1m min horizontal in a straight line not around the chimney recess, from side of stove not centre. Therefore my placement on side of chimney breast not ok.
His placement ended up half way across the small living room. Wouldn't signoff on me until I'd sent a picture of the relocated CO alarm.
Must have a draw reading and a live fire, noted on the commissioning sheet, not just cold smoke test that draws like hooker. If fire cement etc still drying then have to come back another day to commission. If client or builders/developers want a clean unburnt stove to show clients then tough, no commission or registration. He says don't use plumbers blow torch instead of live fire as extended use too much for them, 2 cases of them blowing up.
Like rugby Ref's, you might privately disagree but have to follow the Ref's decision!
Watch out - he did warn some manufacturers are now specifying a minimum head room to non-combustibles aswell as to the sides/back in the manual - covers them legally.
As far as I knew they’d always needed a draught reading, I have a soot door with a test nipple on that I “use” when I always get a perfect reading while testing under fire
Co alarm are usually by manufactures instructors between 1 and 3m away, 150mm out of corners. I usually try and place them free standing but for for my hetas inspections screw tjem to the middle of the ceiling.
I did get pulled up for not noting the liner manufacturer on the data badge, that was all
As for distance to non combustibles haven’t they always specified minimum 50mm? Most stoves Iv ever fitted have and some more above the appliance