Industry standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
The industry in genaral gets a pretty bad rep for not being proffesional enough etc, but wihout getting too deep, what ten phrases/statements would you use to create an industry standards charter.if you cant think off ten just tag em onto some elses

failing to prepare is preparing to fail...
And to all the other trades " mock what you dont understand & fear what you will never become".............:RpS_thumbsup:
Champagne idea's with lemonade money

Last edited:
The industry in genaral gets a pretty bad rep for not being proffesional enough etc, but wihout getting too deep, what ten phrases/statements would you use to create an industry standards charter.if you cant think off ten just tag em onto some elses

it ll only take you an hour

Last edited:
Smooth, flat, clean.............

And a few others I've just thought of :RpS_thumbup:

1: Keep the work area clean and clear of clutter.
2: Work in a methodical and safe manner at all times.
3: Work at keeping your standards high.
4: Leave the workplace as clean or cleaner than before you started.
5: Make sure all quotes given are clear as to what services will be provided and what you would require from the
client.
6: Always use the best materials available.
7: Show proof of your public liability and employers liability insurance to all prospective clients.
8: Offer alternative options that may be better to those the client has specified.
9: Always consider the other trades working both around and following you.
10: Always to prompt, smart and polite when meeting clients.

Last edited:
fancy a bum?

Ok I think some of you got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't looking for statements that actually made us look like unprofessional dicks, but it's gonna be the case that some are, hence why I started the thread, but obviously the request is a little to taxing for some. I fooking hate this forum some times

Ok I think some of you got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't looking for statements that actually made us look like unprofessional dicks, but it's gonna be the case that some are, hence why I started the thread, but obviously the request is a little to taxing for some. I fooking hate this forum some times

err period:rolleyes)

mind u if i lived in doncaster i would have lost my sense of humour.
u donny people are so much fun.

Thought that, can't explain for sure? But the trade is saturated right now and more often than not cheap is king, quality comes second. Hence 50 quid a day prices!!! Makes the good guys look like rip off merchants, sign o the times I'm afraid. Ktf

An old wise spread once told me that if the job is left clean and tidy that no one will ever look to closely at the work.:RpS_thumbup:

as long as greed & unrealistic profit margins on a balance sheet are the main priority then standards of quality will suffer. seen it time & time again where project budgets get squeezed the most towards the end, where our trade is expected to make it all look pretty, hiding every other trades work but failing to recognise that our work is the finished product of the project. manage the budget better,which can increase trade rates.= quality & standards increases...................not sure if this is a rant or a statement or even both!!!!!!!!!!

Was this more what you were after Paul?

In no particular order.

1: Keep the work area clean and clear of clutter.
2: Work in a methodical and safe manner at all times.
3: Work at keeping your standards high.
4: Leave the workplace as clean or cleaner than before you started.
5: Make sure all quotes given are clear as to what services will be provided and what you would require from the
client.
6: Always use the best materials available.
7: Show proof of your public liability and employers liability insurance to all prospective clients.
8: Offer alternative options that may be better to those the client has specified.
9: Always consider the other trades working both around and following you.
10: Always to prompt, smart and polite when meeting clients.

Andy your such a kiss ass teachers pet.....lol. We now have the plastering 10 commandments .......

Warrior your same conerns Mr W Millar voice over 100 yrs ago the trade then was suffering with poor prices and wanbe plasterers.

My rules are simple - the 3 G's.

Get in,
Get the cash,
Get out of there!!
:RpS_wink:

Oh yeah & do as little as possible for the most amount of money :RpS_laugh:

Soz if that's not what you wanted to hear mr wozza.
But that's how it is down here in bandit country :RpS_biggrin:

Cancel the plastering 10 commandments i like your 3G technology better Lee...........:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.