In a bit of a bad situation !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm helping another plasterer I used to work for out on a massive job he has. I told him I'm really busy myself but I could help out about 4 days and the odd day to fit around my work. We both was happy with that and that we would agree a metre price and he makes a cut. Problem is he has done no work on the job and left me on it to deal with the owner,project manager and builder they are all kicking off at me cus it's not getting done quick. I've told them it's not my job I helping another plasterer and if you have any problems call him . They have called him and he doesn't answer. I've done about 300m2 so far and due to go in tomorrow . Worrying thing is I've tried calling him all day and no answer to me?! So dunno what to do about money cus I know what the owner will say I'm not paying till the whole job is done and I'm gonna struggle to do the whole lot cus I've got my own work to be doing!

I'm helping another plasterer I used to work for out on a massive job he has. I told him I'm really busy myself but I could help out about 4 days and the odd day to fit around my work. We both was happy with that and that we would agree a metre price and he makes a cut. Problem is he has done no work on the job and left me on it to deal with the owner,project manager and builder they are all kicking off at me cus it's not getting done quick. I've told them it's not my job I helping another plasterer and if you have any problems call him . They have called him and he doesn't answer. I've done about 300m2 so far and due to go in tomorrow . Worrying thing is I've tried calling him all day and no answer to me?! So dunno what to do about money cus I know what the owner will say I'm not paying till the whole job is done and I'm gonna struggle to do the whole lot cus I've got my own work to be doing!

ok...heres my honest answer and it may not be what you want to here but here we go anyway...

basically sort your shite out as in only work for people that you know and trust and if you've gone into arrangement and already skimmed 300m2 with out payment then your a fool!!!!

sorry pal not trying to be arsey just saying it as I see it and as ive always been taught!

just to add hed wish he was dead if id skimmed 300m2 free gratis for him and he wasnt responded to my calls!!!

One good thing to come out of it .

LESSONED LEARNED

Well i deffo wouldnt be goin in tomorrow.:RpS_thumbdn:
if he aint answering the phone,pay him a visit.

get dominic littlewood to find him. he'll track him down. he has a walkie talkie. then he'll confront him and ask wtf is going on semi -aggressively safe in the knoweledge he has a couple of bouncers behind him.

images

Well i deffo wouldnt be goin in tomorrow.:RpS_thumbdn:
if he aint answering the phone,pay him a visit.

with the boys :RpS_cursing: for a friendly chat - don't come away without your money, or something of similar value :RpS_thumbsup:

plan b just batter him till he pays

get dominic littlewood to find him. he'll track him down. he has a walkie talkie. then he'll confront him and ask wtf is going on semi -aggressively safe in the knoweledge he has a couple of bouncers behind him.

images
i know where dom lives, I worked in his place, never met him, ps these cowboys need shaking down

ok...heres my honest answer and it may not be what you want to here but here we go anyway...

basically sort your shite out as in only work for people that you know and trust and if you've gone into arrangement and already skimmed 300m2 with out payment then your a fool!!!!

sorry pal not trying to be arsey just saying it as I see it and as ive always been taught!

Well I did trust him as I've worked for him for about months during the recession.

with the boys :RpS_cursing: for a friendly chat - don't come away without your money, or something of similar value :RpS_thumbsup:

Easy phil! ......he may be still on the bog:RpS_unsure:

On a situation like this you need to have a beer sit down and think................ What would Steven seagal do?

then you should know where he lives then and all his relevant details and not have to bitch about him on here...I mean come on pal just sort your **** out!!!

basically man up and get a grip!!! harsh but true bud!!! sorry!!!

Note like a friendly bit of advise!

haven't worked for many famous people. couple of ex football players in west kirby and caldy, and that andy bush off absolute radio. or his dad. scraping the barrel. said hed phone him on air the next day and get a dedication but they have the playlist all planned out. stayed up all night as well trying to think of a song. did get a mention but not my song :RpS_mad:

back on subject, why dont you go there tomorrow and just smach it all up :RpS_unsure:

Note like a friendly bit of advise!

not meaning to sound harsh bud and I apologise if im coming across like a prick...but I learned a long time ago that in work/business nobody is your friend and that treat/ go into every arrangement with your cards played out on your terms and your terms only. Which in this situation for me would be meet on site at the end of the week for an agreed measure up and payment.

This way you both know where you stand...im also guessing your probabley stiil in your 20s? and learning the game? if so trust me add another 10-20yrs and this wont happen to you again bud!!!

this comes from a teacher in profession plastering :RpS_scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.