Imprefections on newly plastered wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonw

I have just had a garden room built and got it plastered. In day light the room looks great but at night when the lights are on you can see imperfections in the finish. The lights are downlights and are right next to the wall (10cm from the edge of the ceiling). Is it unreasonable to expect the wall to look perfect with these light conditions ?

Cheers

S

I have just had a garden room built and got it plastered. In day light the room looks great but at night when the lights are on you can see imperfections in the finish. The lights are downlights and are right next to the wall (10cm from the edge of the ceiling). Is it unreasonable to expect the wall to look perfect with these light conditions ?

Cheers

S

even the best plastering can sometimes look a bit iffy in certain light, mainly sunlight across the wall. but most plastering should look fine. pictures might help? pictures for us to see. not putting pics on the wall to cover dodgy plastering

So should there be any inperfections in a newly plastered wall ? Can I ask the plasterer to come back and fix it ?

There's always the odd imperfection you can ask him but what are you going to say when he says it's the light beaming across the wall showing everything up, post a pic we should know if it's that bad

Did the plasterer plaster it with lights shining down the wall?

I expect not so it a bit unfair to pick up inperfections that cant be seen untill you do.

Thanks for your help guys,

The imperfections are like small waves. I am trying to upload a photo now.

probably used a speedskim :RpS_biggrin:

no it could be anything like i said once pics are up we might be able to help

Lights shining on the wall will show any imperfections mate, these imperfections shouldn't be there but happen from time to time, if your not happy get the guy back and ask him to put it right.

sign up to photobucket.com. upload them onto there then copy the IMG code into the reply bar here, including the

Now turn the lights of and take a pic obviously don't bother if there the only lighting

you'd be amazed what a coat of paint can cover....

i got that quote off the side of JJ's van

Simon the wall needs to have its first coat of paint before any imperfections can be seen before work can be put right

no i would say that it needs re skimming. it hasnt been trowelled properly by the looks of it. try getting a pic from bellow looking up the wall into the light. that will show it up really bad

Hard to te;; from a picture, what does it feel like when you rub your hand over it? Downlights like that are possibly the worst thing going for a plasterer when they go up after the job is done. What did you have done to the wall, reskim, board & skim or float and set be the way

Status
Not open for further replies.