impact drivers ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its just for single skin something like 38s ive used the little 9v white makita impact and thought that was the nuts for its size plenty of grunt but i wouldnt last long if you was fireing in 60s or something on a double tack

Use Panasonic myself but had a go with the new Dewalt and its the nuts not a Dewalt fan myself but it is a good bit of kit.

I have the bosch 10.8v twin pack the impact drivers spot on for boarding not quite as pokey as the 18vs if you do any carpentry though. I tend to use a Makita autofeed if I've got a lot to do but happily reccomend the Bosch's perfect weight and size.

Hilti SID 22. I was never keen on impact drivers, but wouldn't be without it now. I only use it when boarding to put in screws that are too tight to get to with my collated. Great for screwing studwork together with too.

i like my makita 14.4 v got enough power for when you need it but not too big and clumpy to use all day like an 18, but like i said if its only 38s or 42s your punching in all day then the 9v impact is nice to use and it fits in ya pocket quite easily

Actually, buy a Hilti collated gun. Sod doing them one by one, or get me to do your tacking, i'm only up the A30 a few miles.

No need for impact driver,u want a14 v cordless, with a min 3amp hr battery ,even 4.2 ah ,the 14v will give u power for the 60s/ 75mm drywall screws and the higher ah will give u longevity without changing batteries every 50/60 screws

No,I just moan,

Are you my wife.

Ive used a makita for a few years. Been pretty solid. Chuck is starting to play up now though. Ive used the small white makita before and think they were pretty good. Put up half inch board on ceiling with it. Was light weight and comfy. Might get one of these next. Dont do enough boarding to buy a hilti gun

ive got the 10.8 dealt driver and impact set....best thing i own. Weighs nothing, and when tacking ceilings, its a god send.

Status
Not open for further replies.