Im the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie

:RpS_thumbup:.. so.. serious points here.. been losing a few jobs lately ( still busy ) being under cut, do you think we should stick to our prices , after all you get what you pay for, however this all well and good but it dont pay the bills, or drop prices to compete with ( how can I put this.... the nobheads ) ?? I am proud of being a plasterer and always do a good job the right way, no rough arse short cuts. but does the customer know what their getting... ie. i price a reskim using bond it.. someone else prices using PVA.. does the customer understand how much bond it costd compared to PVA.. or do they care.. I price a rendering job using rendaid.. competition doesnt, cost of rendaid, then cost of applying it.. should we not care just to get the work, or keep it premier league... personally i will keep it top end, if im tiling I use Weber single part flexible, which is for ply floors, I also use this on concrete floors... I use bal white star on all wall tiling jobs ( unless porcelain, marble etc ) I always keep the materials top end, which produces a better job with no come backs... but do customers really care ?? anyway took me ages to think of a decent 1,000 poster and I AM THE MAN... great forum with great people.. yes I can be a cockend, but I dont mean owt nasty... well most of the time :RpS_wink:

Know what yer sayin cassie...goin thru same at the mo.
losing jobs to cheaper quotes. dont know if its the time of year,are others going in cheap just to get the work?? Been asked to drop my price to match other quotes more often recently too.

Still standing firm tho:RpS_thumbup:

for now anyway:RpS_unsure:

If you drop your prices to compete it could drop further over time becoming less and less.

You obviously take pride in your work, that's something you should never sacrifice because jobs become sloppy an your no better than the chancers . If you lower you'll start to think why my bothering then corners get cut. Personally I'd stick at what your at, do a spot on job, leaving homes clean and tidy - you'll be remembered for it when son clown messes it up or walks plaster everywhere- I've had similar with undercuts but they've all come back to me as I take pride and make sure everything is spot on.

:RpS_scared: quick delete all the posts about Cassie in private members section lads :-0

Im standing firm mate ( bit giddy with the 1,000 posts )
seriously though.. let me give an example.. mate of mine who;s about 56.. one of the best if not the best tattoist in sheffield.. makes very little because his shop looks **** and he thinks people should use him because he is very good ( his work is amazing ) now another shop near me.. looks mint, very fashionable.. my mate was in Spain and i wanted my daughters name tattoed, so though its only 8 letters I,ll go there, went in told him what I wanted, he had a look at my mates work underneath and said '' Im not comfy tattooing above that .. wtf... he loved my mates work.. so my mates a scruffy **** but brilliant, this other bloke is average at best but gets way more work.. I am still sticking to my guns, but it pisses me off...

Use high end stuff for high end jobs Cassie, or get customer to supply, nothing wrong with pva if used properly

We nearly always use pva,never the time to get ready much in advance, world of weak pva,scrape distemper ,second weak pva ,more scraping,then a decent pva and skim, so its fn annoying

:RpS_scared: quick delete all the posts about Cassie in private members section lads :-0

no point............he's already admitted he's a bellend now and again so we are in the clear.............:RpS_thumbup:

You need the t baggin first!!!!............oliver!!!!!!!
:RpS_blushing:

Just taken a photo of my razor sharpener (see G** section) for beddy, I was just about to jump in the shower and I noticed How reflective the tiles are. Hope he hasn't got a background **** of me plums :RpS_blushing:

if your still busy cassie keep things the same,, start worrying when you are no longer busy, then have a rethink

Cassie surly if you lower the prices then the chancers would under cut you even further? You then create a downward spiral....

Keep the prices UP lads, it's Easter soon and the jobs enquiries will EXPLODE!!!!!
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the prices UP lads, it's Easter soon and the jobs enquiries will EXPLODE!!!!!
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Ha watched an ep of that weeks ago they make documentary about everything and anything these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Handyman is a good market to be in. Joe Public like it if they only need to deal with one person :RpS_thumbup:

Having same trouble at the mo. Trying to keeos prices up there but Lots of people round my way dashing houses for next to **** all. Struggle to make even wages on them never mind any profit.

Bloke Im working for at mo, has a handyman in... 150 a day hes charging..wtf...
But if that man can fit a bathroom suite in a day then fair play. Or maybe tile the bathroom as well. There are a range of skills that "handymen" can have and will charge accordingly.

my gas engineer can be fitting boilers one day but be painting the next day...as he does "property maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.