im so fookin sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

has any1 got any advice on how to get wrk in these shitty times cos the last time i did a job was months ago and ive foookin gave up :mad:

to be honest mate times are differcult and will be for some time to come unless u have regular work being passed on to you, i think making a living off private work alone will be hard for most trades. best of luck

scott mate, im in a similar boat at the moment, i had 2 jobs booked this week, 1 for 235 quid, one for 200 quid, the 200 quidder is joinery! came off the hallway ceiling i skimmed last saturday.., the 235 job has been knocked back till next week.. i dont sign on so im in the s**t yet again..
thats why ive signed up for the flexcment course with warrior and heafy.. i reckon i can sell that stuff no worries once ive got a few samples, its gonna be difficult to raise all the cash i need for the advertising etc but ive got people interested even now so fingers crossed...
ive been getting shot at a bit on here for banging on about it a bit but im just givin you my honest answer mate, i reckon its gonna save my bacon...

i just dnt no wat to do ive been thinkin bout jackin it in untill it picks up but its a foookin guessin game when thats gonna be..................... back to minimum wage oh yeah

Scott , it take a fair few years to get a descent name for yourself in the plastering trade mate , you have to go that extra mile at first, its all about building a reputation doing the best job you can ,clean, tidy ,polite and profession , hand out business cards on every job ,get a sign written van ,work with small builders and don't let them down , if you know plumbers , sparkys chippys recommend them for jobs if you can and they will do the same for you one day believe me, it all helps fill the year in which is what its all about and the end of the day .

scott said:
has any1 got any advice on how to get wrk in these shitty times cos the last time i did a job was months ago and ive foookin gave up :mad:

Join the fecking club mate. I think we should all meet up and do the full monty....That worked in last recession

church said:
Scott , it take a fair few years to get a descent name for yourself in the plastering trade mate , you have to go that extra mile at first, its all about building a reputation doing the best job you can ,clean, tidy ,polite and profession , hand out business cards on every job ,get a sign written van ,work with small builders and don't let them down , if you know plumbers , sparkys chippys recommend them for jobs if you can and they will do the same for you one day believe me, it all helps fill the year in which is what its all about and the end of the day .
i know a few lads that are joiners n sparks but theyve already got lads that they get wrk for ive even applied for a window cleanin job that is minimum wage

it's hard out there at the minute.Im multi trade really i fit kitchens ,bathrooms,i plaster,painting,tiling you name it i do it apart form electrics and Gas work and i still find it slower than previous years.
im making a living but it's harder and i find im charging less than usual to get the work.

there is work oput there if your good at your job, if your a newbie FORGET IT !!!! (FOR NOW)

there is work out there if you`re good at your job--this statement makes me ill
i know i`m good not been doing this for 30 years and learnt nowt ive been too other countries learnt many differnt ways i am clean honest reliable have all tools and equipment and a van and had about 2 weeks since xmas
dont give me the the old boll*cks about looking harder and netwiorking ive spent money on ads ive networked ive made that many phone calls to any one who might need a plasterer and i`m not just talking in my area i`m talkin a large area so just where exactly is this work

theres fuk all the matter with my plastering every customer ive had has been happy with my wrk, prices tydiness infact some of them have said im the cleanest workman theyve had in their house i take pride in my wrk and never rip people off i just dnt have the contacts and the people ive contacted have nothin to give thers no site wrk up my end either

yep go for it, if it starts to go tits up, turn it into a scratch coat, then.....................

murplastering said:
church thats the best advice ive read on here in months it works to were still busy but there are only two of us left
phippsy333 said:
here here

Thanks lads ,its nice to know that i dont always talk hollyoaks , Murp hows the sausage chips and peas these days? that still makes me laugh mate

Sounds good ;), if your ever in the market for some semi / worn helly hanson work trousers let me know , ive grown out of mine ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.