I'm dead.....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4

I just bought myself some stilts...how hard can it be?

Jesus...I'm like a cross between Bambi
and Eddie Hitler when he was dressed as the Grim Reaper.

It looks like I'll only be skimming wheelchair height for a while.

Wish me luck folks.

I have mentioned it on another thread ,but a spread i know well ,wants to start using stilts ,to keep up with the times ,his in his early 60,s :RpS_scared:

naaa they are mustard mate it wont take you long to find ya legs on them once your sorted you wont know how you got by with out them

Not used them in 15 yrs but the were very handy, used to do the ceilings and tops of the walls.did one crazy ceiling at full height and the floor was porcelain tiles,,

I've also realized that it's a physical impossibility to stand on them without doing the circus "dah,dah,Dada da da, Dada dahdah" music in your head...
oh Christ...I hope it's in my head. Would explain the looks of the Wife n kids.

I've been considering buying some for a while, but like you, think I might end up killing myself.

Which type did you buy?

Remember if you start to fall, throw the trowel clear!

Theyre dead easy at lowest level. just don't walk on dust sheets or anywhere with floorboards up. ive fallen once (on highest setting and on dustsheets lol) it was my own fault. like danny says launch that trowel as far as you can.

I've also realized that it's a physical impossibility to stand on them without doing the circus "dah,dah,Dada da da, Dada dahdah" music in your head...
oh Christ...I hope it's in my head. Would explain the looks of the Wife n kids.
narrow hallways are the best place to learn as u have walls to hold u up while u get good on them i got my first set 20 years ago now dont know how i could do with out them first saw them on a little donegal plaster in london in 1989 so i had to have them best thing i ever bought **** scafold i fell through a plank two years ago and had 50 stichs in my leg never do that on stilts

Fantastic tools, only used them for the first time last week, found the best way to get use to them is to insulate a ceiling, have a man with u cutting it to size and u fit it, if u feel off balance just grab a joist, after half hour of this i was fine on them

haha this is the circus song that goes through my head when im on mine
[video=youtube_share;1UrpQTI6HTo]http://youtu.be/1UrpQTI6HTo[/video]

When I got mine I got them on a Saturday in skimmed ceiling monday morning. . Like a duck to water. . Not everyone's cuppa tea.. certainty beats lumoing trestles n boards about

I use mine on scaffold all the time......................you lot as sooooooooooooooo G**.....................:rolleyes)

Well I'm getting better. I'm wearing a trench in the living room floor.
Not quite ready to skim ceilings yet but getting there.
It wasn't worth me buying Skywalker as I don't do enough nowadays so I bought a second hand pair in very good nick. They are made by Savrow.

narrow hallways are the best place to learn as u have walls to hold u up while u get good on them i got my first set 20 years ago now dont know how i could do with out them first saw them on a little donegal plaster in london in 1989 so i had to have them best thing i ever bought **** scafold i fell through a plank two years ago and had 50 stichs in my leg never do that on stilts
That little donegal feller was his name bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.