Idiots everywhere.

Members online

loky11

When you think you know someone, then you hear they've been slagging you off because of some cracks, then you get the ones oh it's more then we thought it would be could you so it for x amount cash, sorry love, I don't do a full shop at tesco for £100 and say to cashier oh that's abit expensive will you take £70. Idiots absolute idiots.

ha! Done a woman’s kitchen the other week. After I was done she said “ just to let you know I like a wee bargain so if I pay you cash I’d appreciate it “ while standing in her big fancy house. Looked at her an thought you miserable git. That’s how people like you have houses like this.

ha! Done a woman’s kitchen the other week. After I was done she said “ just to let you know I like a wee bargain so if I pay you cash I’d appreciate it “ while standing in her big fancy house. Looked at her an thought you miserable git. That’s how people like you have houses like this.

Bang on pal, it annoys me, want top notch work for nothing, must be a charity worker eh

The funniest part.. the joiner who passed my details on said the man of the house asked if I was good at my job as he thought I looked young. 33 ffs! How old you ment to look to be a good plasterer? Dina half get them.

The funniest part.. the joiner who passed my details on said the man of the house asked if I was good at my job as he thought I looked young. 33 ffs! How old you ment to look to be a good plasterer? Dina half get them.
Hahaha, had that before, think they know more then you or try telling you how to do your job, went to a job today for a joinery firm, customer said I want that tidying up where your colleague took old curtain rail down, sorry but that's a timber frame I cant plaster on that it will crack and fall off, but your colleague said you can, he's a joiner not a plasterer.

Done a ceiling patch up last week where a ceiling rose had fell down,they was desperate to get it done as they was selling the house,so I quoted them £80 quid just over an hours work ,how much we got 2 walls done in the dining room for £130,i said ok let me know if you want it doing by end of the day or I'm putting somebody else in,they agreed to it but the old lady was driving a 69 plate range rover, f**k**g tight arse bitch

Believe it or not . Beside my Turkish friend . Only person who.s haggled price is a southerner I done some bits for. And it's been a fiver both times. Last time she said I prob had materials left from another job. I did but doesn't mean she gets em for free. Facking southern cants

Done a ceiling patch up last week where a ceiling rose had fell down,they was desperate to get it done as they was selling the house,so I quoted them £80 quid just over an hours work ,how much we got 2 walls done in the dining room for £130,i said ok let me know if you want it doing by end of the day or I'm putting somebody else in,they agreed to it but the old lady was driving a 69 plate range rover, f**k**g tight arse bitch
£80 your crackers.im doing same thurs morning £280

Don't care if it take me 2 hours or 6..its minimum you should charge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-064758_Samsung capture.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811-064758_Samsung capture.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 192
Believe it or not . Beside my Turkish friend . Only person who.s haggled price is a southerner I done some bits for. And it's been a fiver both times. Last time she said I prob had materials left from another job. I did but doesn't mean she gets em for free. Facking southern cants
bullshit GIF

My old man said to me once, some people are all fur coat no nickers, I know a few people that don't own a single thing it's all just on credit cards and loans, but if they genuinely are loaded and haggle you down is pathetic imo.

No job takes 1 hour anyway
Mine wasn't as bad as your patch up just a pva and skim,the ceiling rose had just fell off taking some skim off with it, in a hallway aswell so minimum sheeting up,was a job on the way back home so I kept some of the dirty water to knock up with pretty much took an 1 hr and was done

Don't care if it take me 2 hours or 6..its minimum you should charge
Fairplay to ya mate,if I was to charge £280 to patch that in I would get laughed out of people's houses,not taking a dig at ya bang on if you can get that money for patching up jobs

Fairplay to ya mate,if I was to charge £280 to patch that in I would get laughed out of people's houses,not taking a dig at ya bang on if you can get that money for patching up jobs
Same here, in the small town I live in, it would soon get about. Be nice to get it though haha.

Only because you initially charged 130quid for 2 walls.

Why would anyone want to work every day for that little? Just work 2 days for good money and lose some work

Why would anyone want to work every day for that little? Just work 2 days for good money and lose some

Why would anyone want to work every day for that little? Just work 2 days for good money and lose some work
It was another spread that did the 2 walls

It was another spread that did the 2 walls
Fair enough.
I work with a guy quite often, he charges £125 a day, really good at his job.
I charge 300 minimum for a days work so when he works with me I'm on 475 he's on 125 for doing the same job. I never tell him what I charge, but he always says you can't get decent money round here. "yeah, know what you mean"

Price the job for what it's worth to you not what you think will scare the customer off

Fair enough.
I charge 300 minimum for a days work so when he works with me I'm on 475 he's on 125 for doing the same job. I never tell him what I charge, but he always says you can't get decent money round here. "yeah, know what you mean"

Price the job for what it's worth to you not what you think will scare the customer off
Think your right.. price your worth. Too many ones scrapping for the cheap price an never getting any further. Just because the guy is super busy doesn’t mean he’s making more than you. Anyone can be stacked with work when your pricing £120 a day. Or is the guy who’s pricing high an only getting a half the jobs but good payers, less taxing on the body/ making more in his hand an week. I know who I want to be.

Fair enough.

I do the same most Saturdays

It's one of them patch jobs I do at the end ofvthe day where I've finished a decent job then just pop over to there on the way back home patch it job done back home,but to the guys that can get big dollar for small patch ups fair playcto them