Identify this type of plaster

Members online

MrGall

Hi can anyone tell me what type of plaster this is

Attachments

• IMG-20190806-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20190806-WA0005.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 330
With my sensible head I would say popcorn, winalot or digestive biscuit but as you want silly answers I have to concur with Stormin Norman lime and sharp or double washed sand

Looks like dried sand and cement
Sharp n lime
could be hydraulic lime and coarse sand
With my sensible head I would say popcorn, winalot or digestive biscuit but as you want silly answers I have to concur with Stormin Norman lime and sharp or double washed sand
Guesses, that’s all that it is! You never rode the op’ s post did you? You bunch of amateurs!

@Danny in particular

Hi all thanks for replying I posted this whilst I was half a sleep and forgot about it

I've just purchased the house and every wall was covered in wallpaper after removing I found half arsed skimmed walls (mixture of plaster on some parts and gypsum on others) over what is in the picture, which I'm guessing is lime I just don't know if what has been skimmed over is going to cause problems if the walls need to breath.

The house was built in the 1930s
IMG-20190808-WA0001.jpeg
IMG-20190806-WA0008.jpeg

Hi all thanks for replying I posted this whilst I was half a sleep and forgot about it

I've just purchased the house and every wall was covered in wallpaper after removing I found half arsed skimmed walls (mixture of plaster on some parts and gypsum on others) over what is in the picture, which I'm guessing is lime I just don't know if what has been skimmed over is going to cause problems if the walls need to breath.

The house was built in the 1930s View attachment 39418View attachment 39417
I.ve got a full room to do over same as that