ideas please

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I have a customer who wants a through colour product on their victorian house. the house is now rendered and painted but has blown in a few places.

Having just hacked off 3 houses I now know what a t**t is is to do so i was thinking maybe sm700 and mesh over the paint then when dry mechanicly fix 4 per m2 then sm700 again the conni 1.5mm top coat.

I know this isnt the best solution in the world but I cant handle any more rotten lintels, broken windows, neighbours moaning etc etc.

Thanks rich

its the mess i am thinking off mcplaster. wish there was an easy way to remove paint :(

im talking the rolls of mesh spunk

job we are doing is a parex job , they had some guys who came in and used paint stripper and a hot water pressure washer to remove the paint from the existing render (made a hell of a mess by the seem of things) then we used parex maite with mesh then the top coat DPR sand/fine and f**k me it is fine the grain can only be half a mm at the most , great gear to use though

you could use quartzgrund primer rich then adhesive coat no need for fixings with this

yeah the base needed to be spot on it's a nice finish, and yeah its fairley easy to do but you just got to get it on really tight , you couldnt spray it it would come out more like textured highbuild if you did and the customer wanted a fine finish

yeah i have a job to do and its prepped by others, he wants a stucco finish and .5mm was the closest he saw to stucco. I am going to lay another coat of maite on and go over it with the filzomat and if thats good enough to leave as a finish we will paint it. I love spray painting its so addictive

you are on the right track rich if the removal is a defo no no.

by a wall treatment that is specied for painted walls such as prymit acrylic then do as you said with mushrooms the sm when dry is lightweight also so thats the way to go la.

richardbrown said:
what is prymit acrylic then ?

suppose it is similar to microgobetis
From dryvit but its got no grit and is thin as water, if we ever come across a sub strate with paint or high dense brick then they spec it as a pre treatment.

I recon they are all versions of sbr mate but this one is fully acrylic said to aid adhesion plus keeps alkali back its just because they say you can use it for painted areas but you know as well as i do that paint is a problem inbetween the substrate and the render but hey I dont spec the stuff. your mesh with fixings should keep you safe

Parex do a product now specifically for renovating painted walls called parinter which is lime based....might be worth a look

spunky said:
can you float finish this sm700?

its a thin coat base spunkster. You finish it tidy not with a polyfloat tho. its mostly used over aquapanel/cemboard/insulation with a textured acryl on top

Special primer for rendering external walls before applying mineral or polymer render. A miratherm product.

i use it quite a bit as a pre rend. It does the same job. its allllrighhhttt

see i am losing me mind now
quartzgrund
putzgrund
quartzputz
grundputz

different manufacturers call em different things but all these above are either colourprimers (the stuff before texture) some are the actual texture and some are the pre treatment - before render

feckin germans are supposed to be sh1t hot can they make their langage a bit simpler because one chap could be talkin about 1 thing from one brand an another guy could be on about something different from another brand. aarrrghhh.

putz means plaster and grund means ground but my brain still hurts
:'( :'(

i have same prob just pulled a job in its about 350m2 its painted pebbledash it seems sound enough . he wants a mono scratch render . i am tending to go for the parex parinter to stabilise the the paint but at £18.26 a bag its scared me off a bit thats including vat they are also trying to charge £11.51 for there monorex inc vat anyone know of a cheaper alternative or a cheaper supplier for the same product , dont know if this should have bin on a differant thread but its on the same lines as richars thread so i am sorry if in the wrong place cheers lads

Status
Not open for further replies.