ideas on skimming room

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike85

Hi new to the forum. just wanted some advice on a job ive been to price. its a room where all four walls tie in together with the ceiling theres no picture rail so no break at all customer doesnt want any joins anywhere also the external corners are still curved and she wants them staying like that. extremely fussy customer any ideas on how to tackle this room. she said she had a plasterer in to do the last room which was a box room and he patched the curves in she wasnt happy

You need to just get another spread with you and tackle it together in one. Not easy but if she doesn't want joins there's no other way.

Pictures mike pictures we are but simple plasterers and we understand pictures better than words. Oh and welcome along, how long you been a spread and whats your star sign, favorite movie and do you enjoy long walks on the beach etc.

Pictures mike pictures we are but simple plasterers and we understand pictures better than words. Oh and welcome along, how long you been a spread and whats your star sign, favorite movie and do you enjoy long walks on the beach etc.

You been at the dating sites again raggles?

Just bin the job off mate and book an easier one in with less stress/worry. That's been my new yr resoloution its great I only do about 3 out of 10 jobs that I look at now....

hsl....naaaaaaa
rendering.....naaaaaaa
easy room.....but upstirs in a furnished house...naaaaaaaaaa
kitchen ceiling...water damage...but furnished kitchen...needs sheeting like a crime scene...naaaaaaaa
stupid heavy artex...**** me that's guna need 3 coats....naaaaaaaaaaa
easy job....but they seem like scutters!!!....naaaaaaaaaa
easy job....but they seem awkward/hes a dickhead....naaaaaaaaaaaa

its amazing once you start how many jobs you can back heel lol:RpS_thumbsup:

Just bin the job off mate and book an easier one in with less stress/worry. That's been my new yr resoloution its great I only do about 3 out of 10 jobs that I look at now....

hsl....naaaaaaa
rendering.....naaaaaaa
easy room.....but upstirs in a furnished house...naaaaaaaaaa
kitchen ceiling...water damage...but furnished kitchen...needs sheeting like a crime scene...naaaaaaaa
stupid heavy artex...**** me that's guna need 3 coats....naaaaaaaaaaa
easy job....but they seem like scutters!!!....naaaaaaaaaa
easy job....but they seem awkward/hes a dickhead....naaaaaaaaaaaa

its amazing once you start how many jobs you can back heel lol:RpS_thumbsup:

You done the deed yet zombie? Surely she's primed and ready? Lol

You done the deed yet zombie? Surely she's primed and ready? Lol

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Gulp...I was kind of hoping you guys had forgotten about that!!!:RpS_blushing:...bit like shitting myself in PE at school when I was 7 that 1 wet fart ruined my school life forever!!!!:RpS_blushing:

On plus side as its valentines tomorrow and coz shes a fatty ive bought her some chocolates.... I bet if a throw a Chinese takeout at the mission might get a get a rematch!!!!

If I get on the beer earlier enough tomorrow after work I might put some feelers out see if shes coming into season!!!:RpS_crying:

Gulp...I was kind of hoping you guys had forgotten about that!!!:RpS_blushing:...bit like shitting myself in PE at school when I was 7 that 1 wet fart ruined my school life forever!!!!:RpS_blushing:

On plus side as its valentines tomorrow and coz shes a fatty ive bought her some chocolates.... I bet if a throw a Chinese takeout at the mission might get a get a rematch!!!!

If I get on the beer earlier enough tomorrow after work I might put some feelers out see if shes coming into season!!!:RpS_crying:
Ill be gripped tomorrow, best of luck bud :RpS_thumbsup: this one might make the plasterers news:RpS_thumbdn:

As we say in scotland 'get her pumped'

I have done one of these before... get another spread in and probably bond the corners out a little more to make it easier and try a plastic trowel :D

Plastered a lot of prison cells over the years with Fibrocem plaster, internal and externals angles all to be rounded for safety. Once you start you gotta finish.

Haha game time zombie!!

Zombie! Zombie! Zombie!

Yesss how can you solve the problem by not looking at the job? I like pictures than words
I luv pics too Ryan!! Here's one now! You can give your missus for valentines ??
attachment.php

Mikey you're young and inexperienced , what I normally do on the job when I go to look at them ,say to the customer i'll just get me book out the van, get in it and **** off,take a leaf out of Zombies book lol !

Mikey you're young and inexperienced , what I normally do on the job when I go to look at them ,say to the customer i'll just get me book out the van, get in it and **** off,take a leaf out of Zombies book lol !
Bobby your old and past it. The past is yours but the future is mine

Status
Not open for further replies.