I used screeds on a wall for the first time in years today....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spredz

...victorian property, HSL - basically an uneven swazstika shape, about 60 sq meters in total. A few meters one end of the landing was to be married up to and the rest of the wall was all over the place - proper wonky brickwork and all the joints had been raked out.

I was also worried that i might run out of materials so i thought if i run 3 strategic vertical screeds and join them together with a couple of horizontal ones i'd avoid any issues.

I reckon i'd have had grief if i'd just slapped it on and tried to rule it up.

I forgot what a tedious chore it is running screeds but i scratched the whole wall, run the screeds in and let them firm up while i had a munch on a stack of sarnies, devil'd the screeds up and it was happy days for the rest of the afternoon filling them in and ruling off them.

This was a big HSL area and mighty thick in places and it all came out absolutely bang on. My old lecturer would have been proud. And I thought I'd never use them again..... :p

i dont get it. why does every1 think u have to let screeds go hard? a delicate hand such as myself rules off them whilst wet 8)

yes mate i can still rule off a wet screed it just so happened that by the time i'd been up and down the ladder and set them all out it was sandwich time. by the time i was back they'd firmed up a bit. cracking timing, in front all the way.... ;D

Hi can you tell me what you mean when you say you screeded the walls, i herd of floor screeding, ps its very hard to find how to post a question on this site i looked for hours, thanks sid

you dont need to let them harden up mate, just rule off the wet screeds. if your good at ruling as i expect you are then you will not dig into the screeds. I still lay the hole wall on , screed sides top and bottom and then rule. easy

sc6 said:
Hi can you tell me what you mean when you say you screeded the walls, i herd of floor screeding, ps its very hard to find how to post a question on this site i looked for hours, thanks sid
Should of gone to specsavers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.