I have some ply that needs a render finish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
I normally apply building paper then stainless sheets of EML ,a scratch of 5/1/1 s/c/l with fibres, then a week later, float coat 6/1/1 s/c/l with fibres.. Eml is expensive now although its not a huge area circa 20m squared,, options and opinions please..

why not just use a render board....aqua panel would be ideal................aint that right rich...............:RpS_wink:

why not just use a render board....aqua panel would be ideal................aint that right rich...............:RpS_wink:
The house will be rendered top to bottom, it all needs to match.. I was thinking possibly of a tankers membrane with the embedded mesh but I suspect that would be expensive also

Are you just 'boarding' a small area and the re rendering the whole house with S&C?

If so, you can use Knauf Aquapanel Exterior, a basecoat and mesh, then S&C (to a certain depth)....

If you want more details, PM me, or drop me an E mail (rlord@knauf.co.uk), or give me a call Monday - details on my profile....

Cheaper and faster than Board, Paper, EML, multiple layers of S&C.......

All the best

Richard

(BTW - Cheers Arti Marra)

I normally apply building paper then stainless sheets of EML ,a scratch of 5/1/1 s/c/l with fibres, then a week later, float coat 6/1/1 s/c/l with fibres.. Eml is expensive now although its not a huge area circa 20m squared,, options and opinions please..

I used a Dutch prioduct a couple of years ago that went straight onto ply,sceptical at first to say the least ,but stuck like **** to a blanket. I floated a ply wall 10'x8' as test sample it was there a year later when I had the job to pull it down,quite impressive really.

I used a Dutch prioduct a couple of years ago that went straight onto ply,sceptical at first to say the least ,but stuck like **** to a blanket. I floated a ply wall 10'x8' as test sample it was there a year later when I had the job to pull it down,quite impressive really.
any info on this "dutch product" thanks

I have a job to do render on timber frame, can u pm me approx cost with aqua board?

Shaun
have alook on runwithscissors (Richard Lord) profile his contact details are on there. might be best to give him a call and he'll help you out marra

Hi Shaun

You do not have enough posts to be able to send you a PM..........

either drop me an E Mail - rlord@knauf.co.uk - or give me a call 07918766577. Let me know where you are based and who you have trading accounts with..... if you go looking, make sure you ask for KNauf Aquapanel Exterior (Most outlets stock Interior - the tile backer.... it is slightly different and not really to be used as a render carrier - lighter and not freeze thaw tested, before you all ask...)

Good Luck!

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Specification Manager

Could you not ply it all , insulate board then weber ? Wud mean its double insulated? That's to shaun by the way

Hi Mate

Be carful with ply behind an insulated board..... if you want to use a branded EWI system, get them to confirm what board to put behind it....... I am pritty sure that Ply is not an approved backer for Weber.....

Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is not suitable behind EWI systems either (most boarded EWI systems need fixings back to the board - the pull out load is in excess of what Knauf Aquapanel Exterior can achieve) - that said Parex bond their EWI systems to certain heights, so Parex can be used onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior (get a formal spec from Parex to confirm.)

Good Luck Guys!

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.