i gave a quote today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey07

to a bloke that wanted a 3 sided extension (new front,new garage,and all the back of the house) done,he gave me the drawings and it took 3 days really to get the quote sorted....i went round his gaff this morning and said it will be £46,000,materials,labour the whole shabang.....his first words was "WOW"....then he says some bloke priced it up for me 5 years ago and it came to £16,000....what a t**t i thought the fcukin materials comes to £19.500.....some people are real thick CANTS aint they...

mickey07 said:
to a bloke that wanted a 3 sided extension (new front,new garage,and all the back of the house) done,he gave me the drawings and it took 3 days really to get the quote sorted....i went round his gaff this morning and said it will be £46,000,materials,labour the whole shabang.....his first words was "WOW"....then he says some bloke priced it up for me 5 years ago and it came to £16,000....what a (french word) i thought the fcukin materials comes to £19.500.....some people are real thick CANTS aint they...

id plaster it for 16 grand mate

if you are pricing just to render it then your well off on price mate, the average house is about 200m2 which you would get mono done for around 6k supply and fix. Scaffold would be another 3k approx so where is the rest.

plasterer,but i got two good guys that have done other jobs for me before,ones a brickie,and the other is a chippie,so we all chip in as it were.....but we want to start doing extensions,we have done two loft conversions in the past....

mickey07 said:
i would do but he said the bloke dead now that gave him the £16000 quote...

well his quote is also dead and gone then, tell him to go and get some other quotes in from people who are alive to do the job ;D

simplybesty said:
mickey07 said:

well his quote is also dead and gone then, tell him to go and get some other quotes in from people who are alive to do the job ;D
he did tell me though one bloke gave him a quote of £68000!!!!there are some bad b*****d rip off merchants out there.....

mickey07 said:
simplybesty said:
mickey07 said:

he did tell me though one bloke gave him a quote of £68000!!!!there are some bad (french person) rip off merchants out there.....
68 grand?? must be a lot of dubbing out and splayed angles

If you spent 3 days pricing that job up, that’s 3 days labour lost on a job you might never win!
Try estimators-online.com who charge £82.25 to price up a domestic extension regardless of size. The returned spec is incredibly detailed in both labour and materials and well worth the money. I use them a lot for pricing all types of building work. OK, so it’s still 100 notes but your still quids in than pricing it yourself ;)

one minute he is saying he is the best spread in the world and we are all shyte then the next min he is asking advice and chatting away like normal?

kirk johnstone said:
one minute he is saying he is the best spread in the world and we are all shyte then the next min he is asking advice and chatting away like normal?
when did i say i was the best spread in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.