I’ve got Covid

Members online

I think anyone saying it’s a load of b*ll***s is delusional. It’s a very real thing, it’s just been handled appallingly.
My sister in law had it a couple of months ago and she still struggles with shortness of breath every now and then, she’s only 27.
I’m still lifting weights and doing half hour on my spin bike daily.
If he got through asbestosis then I’m sure he’ll beat this mate.
Asbestosis is a strange one, you never beat it as such it's all delaying tactics. It just sits dormant in your lungs.theres good treatments available to lead a more normal life but the depressing fact is it gets you in the end.
You see lads on building sites with Sthil saws or joiners cutting mdf boards, all that shite going in your lungs, your bullet proof as a young lad ,but further down the line it will catch up with you.

Asbestosis is a strange one, you never beat it as such it's all delaying tactics. It just sits dormant in your lungs.theres good treatments available to lead a more normal life but the depressing fact is it gets you in the end.
You see lads on building sites with Sthil saws or joiners cutting mdf boards, all that shite going in your lungs, your bullet proof as a young lad ,but further down the line it will catch up with you.
It keeps me up at night knowing the s**t I’ve inhaled. As a 13 year old lad on site with people old enough to know better telling you to rip s**t up with no ppe. Pulling down artex etc. No more of that shite for me but damage is prob done

It keeps me up at night knowing the s**t I’ve inhaled. As a 13 year old lad on site with people old enough to know better telling you to rip s**t up with no ppe. Pulling down artex etc. No more of that shite for me but damage is prob done
I used to work with my old man many years ago and we were doing some work on a industrial estate and he was cutting the asbestos roof back, before he started I told him no way you can do that that’s nuts. He told me to sit in the van lol. cause he fitted and cut the roofs 20 years before so he said he’s probably already got it

I used to work with my old man many years ago and we were doing some work on a industrial estate and he was cutting the asbestos roof back, before he started I told him no way you can do that that’s nuts. He told me to sit in the van lol. cause he fitted and cut the roofs 20 years before so he said he’s probably already got it
Same as my old man.
Never right.

plumber i knew told me he caught it back in 1963 taking asbestos off an old boiler and pipes in a hotel, then they would all sit down amongst all this dust,and have there bait ,and all of them had white hands from the dust, he died approx 6 years ago ,just about to retire
another plumber was working and everything fine, no problems ,no health issues nothing, then one day he just started coughing and coughing, had tests in hospital, doctor told him to go home and put his affairs in order, from the start of his cough until he died was 2 weeks

plumber i knew told me he caught it back in 1963 taking asbestos off an old boiler and pipes in a hotel, then they would all sit down amongst all this dust,and have there bait ,and all of them had white hands from the dust, he died approx 6 years ago ,just about to retire
another plumber was working and everything fine, no problems ,no health issues nothing, then one day he just started coughing and coughing, had tests in hospital, doctor told him to go home and put his affairs in order, from the start of his cough until he died was 2 weeks
Cheers

You got any jolly stories in your repertoire?

One day you are fine one day you drop dead from something that you never seen coming there’s some really terrible s**t out there I seen it happen first hand life changing shite :(

Scraped shed loads of ceilings,won't anymore mind..but I'm in 70s so I reckon I've just by passed it.even when you tell customers oh get a test etc and you tell them prices they just get somebody else to do it