hp12/x base coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spunkybum

hello been lurking around for a bit and decided to take the plunge and post something.......how do you lads prick up youre base coats do you scratch them with a comb or float them with a devil float ?

ive never used it but if i had i'd probably stand in front of it with a copy of mayfair fo half an hour..
if its the real thing that should work nicely?

Now I have just come back off the lash and reading things a bit wonky ..... but I just scratch hpx with a comb but sometimes devil sand and cement

go on the k -rend site it tells you on there, however if u aint got time u scratch it. i dont know why u would use a poly foat on a base coat ull end up closing it in more than anything else

HPX is the base coat that you use with k-rend. If you were for example going to render over light weight blocks you would HPX first to kill the suction and provide a good base for the K-rend.

Gotcha Rich we dont have that here only Webber and Maxit which is one and the same now is the hpx the same colour as the top coat.
Lucius

heafy said:
Is this hpx stuff like weber rendaid, never used the stuff b4

Dunno as I have never used rendaid lol.

Its just a base coat which adheres to most backgrounds to provide the Krend a good base.

knowledge is power said:
go on the k -rend site it tells you on there, however if u aint got time u scratch it. i dont know why u would use a poly foat on a base coat ull end up closing it in more than anything else
are we talking about scratch coat for rendering, or backing coat for skimming, my reply was for the backing coat for skimming, or i read spunkys post wrong

hp12 is for a key and hpx is more a renovating base coat inc fibres

Status
Not open for further replies.