hp 12 base

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajackson

when applaying this base to painted brick construction anyone no if k rend spec using sbr before applaying ? cheers

think you gotta use k primer then basecoat fully meshed then pinned with mushroom fixings then topcoat

its not the solution for painted surfaces so the spec is always different (nobody really wants to stand by a painted surface) but they must have told you to pin the mesh as a minimum

onto painted render, you will need to apply hp12 base coat to a thickness of 3-4mm and whilst still 'green' embed krend polypropylene scrim. whilst still 'green' drill and mechanically fix (1 in 9 should be s/ steel) in a diamond pattern at 450mm centres and immediately overcoat with a further 2-3mm of krend HP12. then scratch and allow to set before application of topcoat,

only other way to do this will be if you can remove 90% of the paint , you can then apply hpx base & mesh then apply topcoat without any fixings.

onto painted render, you will need to apply hp12 base coat to a thickness of 3-4mm and whilst still 'green' embed krend polypropylene scrim. whilst still 'green' drill and mechanically fix (1 in 9 should be s/ steel) in a diamond pattern at 450mm centres and immediately overcoat with a further 2-3mm of krend HP12. then scratch and allow to set before application of topcoat,

only other way to do this will be if you can remove 90% of the paint , you can then apply hpx base & mesh then apply topcoat without any fixings.

So there it is pal

Pinned mesh:RpS_thumbup:

k rend tell me that hp12 is the base for painted brick i thought hpx was the best base they done so why not tell me to use this?

Not sure ask Alex

The base choice might be down to weight - anyway mortar does not stick to paint for long, masonry paint is a repellent so the pinned mesh is the mechanical fix - if any render starts to shell off the mesh will keep it together pinned into the brick wall.

they do john just ask for eps fixings

They sell the mushroom heads in two sizes. I bought some for a timber frame job. I prefer to use a hilt gun for speed but the sodding hole in the middle is to big! I think there is a market there for Hilti. SPS is supplying me some this week but its a drill job which I find tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.