Hows work for everyone at the moment?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY

Most spreads that I know in my neck of the woods havent got much work at the moment. :-\
Just wondering how things are going for all you plastorians.

Loads on,but not plastering, fitting a load of fire doors at the minute til end of week,then i got a ceiling to board skim paint,then external painting of some rendering.
Nothing to big or glamourous,but it pays the bills with good money and little outlay.

Work is coming in fast at the moment, plus we are doing a bit for plasterjfe in Bristol this week the forum is a good place to get work :)

Phone is ringing steadily with work enquiries and have a good 2 months work ahead at present.

Ive Never had so little work ahead :'( so lets hope the phone starts ringing again tomorrow.
What a difference a day makes..... 24 little hours

council contract running along nicely, no sign of a break or a slowdown as yet..
given up 2 coating... getting pretty good at pulling something reasonable off on 4 different backgrounds using nothing but pva and multi...
not half getting through some bonding on anything from celcon blocks to no fines concrete and anything in between... thats all they get in!
cant see it from my house... ;D
doin about 30% kitchen fitting for em too.. breaks the week up a bit, get the odd 'clean' day or two.... sh't money on em though, 100 quid for the kitchen, 35 for the skirts and archies, 15 for a pipe box in mdf... do it in a day but the plasterin pays better...

booked up for about 3 more weeks and got a few days here n there dotted about, but phone has only rang once in two weeks, so fingers crossed it starts coming in again! luckily skimming out a two story extension by meself so keeping me busy for a while!

Bod said:
Work is coming in fast at the moment, plus we are doing a bit for plasterjfe in Bristol this week the forum is a good place to get work :)
tiz a good place. the lads on here will help you out if they can. been sorted a few times now thanx to the lads. just make sure you do a decent job in return for their good will

Mad busy at the minute. Got work till about the end of May and got a few days booked in for June already. Alot better than what it was at the start of the year

wiganlad said:
Bod said:
tiz a good place. the lads on here will help you out if they can. been sorted a few times now thanx to the lads. just make sure you do a decent job in return for their good will
agreed i spent 8 years with the same bloke and got pushed out in the recession bods got me into a few firms cheers mate ;)

we were going alone nicely. until they lintel company 'keystone' told us because we're ordering a specific type of lintel that has to be made up, we've got to wait 10 days. so now we've got nothing on apart from 1 or 2 days. i'm so tempted to start up on my own now

you wont lose much mate aslong as you can earn a bit more and enjoy chasing the work and not the money ;D..........go for it ........you wont lose any contacts though willl you ???

no because the way hes been performing lately, they will all want to come to me! its beyond a joke how hes been the last few weeks. the brickie we've got working with us is so chilled out normally and he said to me today 'i can see me and him falling out soon'

steve cov said:
how did you get on with your ceiling mickey
sound cov thanks done it today,think i might need to give the joint a rub though on friday,i will let dry till then....then i will run a bit of decoraters caulk all round the edge as i do on most of my jobs....

Fookin ell, only 100 quid for fitting a kitchen, what are you fitting for that money? Base units, wall units and worktop?

Then again, if you can do it in a day, plus pull another £50 for arcs, skirts and boxings then it aint to be sniffed at in this current financial situation!

Chris W said:
council contract running along nicely, no sign of a break or a slowdown as yet..
given up 2 coating... getting pretty good at pulling something reasonable off on 4 different backgrounds using nothing but pva and multi...
not half getting through some bonding on anything from celcon blocks to no fines concrete and anything in between... thats all they get in!
cant see it from my house... ;D
doin about 30% kitchen fitting for em too.. breaks the week up a bit, get the odd 'clean' day or two.... sh't money on em though, 100 quid for the kitchen, 35 for the skirts and archies, 15 for a pipe box in mdf... do it in a day but the plasterin pays better...

Status
Not open for further replies.