How's everyone fixed for work?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one malc,
The monies in place, up to what I think its worth to me as a project. Unfortunately it is more then likely going to be worth slightly more to someone else whos intending to have it as their family home, there was a lot of interest on the open day so im not holding my breath will see what happens on the 26th.

they do sell for over the estimated price, that is just to attract a good amount of bidding.
you could go along to the estate agent who has put the property up for auction and make them an offer sometimes they will accept and take it out of auction. i did this on the last property that i purchased, i told the estate agent that i would purchase it. he answered what do mean? i said i will meet the asking price. he informed the vendors they accepted.

Month ahead like always. Well the last two years anyway. Keep thinking I'm going to have a break and start my extension then something turns up. Like a bad penny.

My boss always keeps me in busy, also got a good month or so of weekends and a couple of evenings ahead of me for myself.

Hi smoother working on premier inn newton Abbott call in for chat
Thats really appreciated bud but im busy on my own place this week then traveling up to harrogate on sunday for about 3 week are you looking for someone straight away?

3 full houses to do. 2 within the next couple of months and 1 lined up for the summer. A garage conversion for a villa player. Kitchens bathrooms and loads of other smaller private jobs. Kitchen extension for a regular builder Phone won't stop ringing. Could do with someone to help me really

Having to turn it away at the moment and I hate that . Would much rather pass it on. Make a bit and keep both customer and a reliable spread happy.

3 full houses to do. 2 within the next couple of months and 1 lined up for the summer. A garage conversion for a villa player. Kitchens bathrooms and loads of other smaller private jobs. Kitchen extension for a regular builder Phone won't stop ringing. Could do with someone to help me really

Ive just had a 3 week job cancel so it might be jezza kyle for me after tomorrow................so if you need a hand sanding i can pop down for a week or so marra........................:RpS_thumbup: @beddy

Last edited by a moderator:
u should text them back what u just said and say good luck ill bet they will think about it and ring u bac lol
Naaah f*ck 'em lol if they are daft enough to go with him and the 'handyman' is daft enough to price it at that then leave them to it, I will just wait for the phone call when he's ****** it Up and made a mess then tell them I'm too busy haha

Naaah f*ck 'em lol if they are daft enough to go with him and the 'handyman' is daft enough to price it at that then leave them to it, I will just wait for the phone call when he's ****** it Up and made a mess then tell them I'm too busy haha

It's not just us though I know it seems it as we all talk about it on here but I spoke to my mate today whos a roofer and he was goin mad a kitchen fitter we know has been picking his brains over last few days and because he's having an extension built my mate thought nothing of helping him out anyway the coont has seen him today and he started showing him picks of a roof he's done on the cheap undercutting a proper roofer and not even offering it on to my mate even after all this he's asked him how to do lead work and he's told him to piss off haha he's tried it on with me in the past asking how much do I charge for things per sq m and how do you do this n that I always say to him give me the address and Ile go price it never does but it just shows there's loads at it like our local handyman the only thing not listed on his van is brain surgery

Ive just had a 3 week job cancel so it might be jezza kyle for me after tomorrow................so if you need a hand sanding i can pop down for a week or so marra........................:RpS_thumbup: @beddy
I bet dougie and tam have some on,give them a bell they could help you out arti :RpS_thumbup:

they do sell for over the estimated price, that is just to attract a good amount of bidding.
you could go along to the estate agent who has put the property up for auction and make them an offer sometimes they will accept and take it out of auction. i did this on the last property that i purchased, i told the estate agent that i would purchase it. he answered what do mean? i said i will meet the asking price. he informed the vendors they accepted.[/QUOTE

The vendors son is adamant its going to auction malc
The guide price is very low for the area i have already made a offer of 10% over the upper guide price which was turned down. It'd serve him right if it was only to achieve its starting price at auction he lose out badly.

Nice one malc,
The monies in place, up to what I think its worth to me as a project. Unfortunately it is more then likely going to be worth slightly more to someone else whos intending to have it as their family home, there was a lot of interest on the open day so im not holding my breath will see what happens on the 26th.

good luck with the bidding scottie 5

try and stand at thye back of the room aswell, there are stories of auctioneers taking bids off the wall, i.e bids from nobody, basically making you bid against yourself, these people would sell their own granny.

try and stand at thye back of the room aswell, there are stories of auctioneers taking bids off the wall, i.e bids from nobody, basically making you bid against yourself, these people would sell their own granny.

when auctioneers take bids off the wall it means that you are bidding against a reserve price.

not sure of the fineties of it, I'm aware the vendor is allowed to have someone there to bid the price up on his behalf, if the bid finishes on him , the auctioneer will make some excuse and stop the auction, you should watch them in anycase.

**** loads on the go atm busiest ive ever been 5 full flats gym. Two full houses several kitchens n a more

It'll need some scaffold as well maybe you could give me a price.

no probs mate.... thats if you have anything left to pay for it ...lol.. I have a few properties, if its in a decent area, expect it to go way over the guide price... good luck..

Do you work on your own or have a lab?

Work on my own bud. I often think about getting a young lad but I ddon't know if it'll make things quicker, or just easier?

For example The other day I could have done with one because I spent 2 hours knocking plaster off when I could have been boarding the ceiling. But in general I don't know if it'd work. Thats why I prefer to have another spread. We can muck in together with everything. Not just the labouring bit.

Work on my own bud. I often think about getting a young lad but I ddon't know if it'll make things quicker, or just easier?

For example The other day I could have done with one because I spent 2 hours knocking plaster off when I could have been boarding the ceiling. But in general I don't know if it'd work. Thats why I prefer to have another spread. We can muck in together with everything. Not just the labouring bit.

Bugger that.get a lab.it will be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.