how would you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somtam

Hello
I have to remove plasterboard in my bathroom and fit new and skim but the previous owner fitter those new style 3d brick effect tiles that are irregular and stand out so not give a flat surface to plaster up to. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...somtam

Without seeing it I would guess a stop end bead where it meets the tiles?
Post a pic... would help..:huh:

Hello
I have to remove plasterboard in my bathroom and fit new and skim but the previous owner fitter those new style 3d brick effect tiles that are irregular and stand out so not give a flat surface to plaster up to. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...somtam
Sounds like bloody wallcrete for bathrooms to me!

i take it you mean the ceiling being replaced?tape over the tiles to protect them them skim to them and use a small tool or similar to get in the little recesses,brush in the edges as you go.paint when dry then silicone the edge to seal it,and prevent seeing a crack from shrinkage.

If you're replacing the ceiling boards then the new boards will slide in above the tiles, and sit in the same position as the old boards.

Just do it exactly as lilharbs said. It'll look fine.
Might take 10 mins extra for the fiddly bits but apart from that it's the same as a normal job.

Hello

If its ya own bathroom do you not wanna rip it all out and start again so its all nice and flat and how you really want it rather than making do..................nowt worse than sitting in the bath everynight after its all been patched up and part of your repair looks shite and wishing you had sorted it properly..............or maybe its just me and my OCD...................:RpS_blink:

If its ya own bathroom do you not wanna rip it all out and start again so its all nice and flat and how you really want it rather than making do..................nowt worse than sitting in the bath everynight after its all been patched up and part of your repair looks shite and wishing you had sorted it properly..............or maybe its just me and my OCD...................:RpS_blink:
bath every night!!!:-0
you snob!.:RpS_w00t:

We all share the bath water though...... Conservation is essential these days......:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.