How to use SbeadFix tape to fix beads (VIDEO)

Plaster spot indicators, socket beads , Tro-Hat,mathmanawk.,....all sorts of products have been launched, some with a little success..some taken off. I'm not sure how far you are with this product @tapit . Hard to believe you haven't been in touch with BG yet . Is it patented?

Plaster spot indicators, socket beads , Tro-Hat,mathmanawk.,....all sorts of products have been launched, some with a little success..some taken off. I'm not sure how far you are with this product @tapit . Hard to believe you haven't been in touch with BG yet . Is it patented?
its ip protected yes but only started getting opinions of the idea on this forum.
wanted to know what plasterers think of it.

How can you patent cello tape? The fact it’s got holes in it won’t be enough.

i have been thinking more of tape manufacturers and bead manufacturers and never gave plaster manufacturers a thought so thanks.

its ip protected yes but only started getting opinions of the idea on this forum.
giphy (8).gif

My honest opinion is that plasterers are often apprehensive when it comes to new products. Take unifinish for example; when it was first released I thought it would be fantastic on low suction ceilings. Then boom there was a product failure and people had ceilings fall down. That was from British Gypsum who "thoroughly tested" the material. I agree your tape probably would come in handy when beading a solid corner but it takes me minutes to knock up a material I know will work. Good luck with your venture

My honest opinion is that plasterers are often apprehensive when it comes to new products. Take unifinish for example; when it was first released I thought it would be fantastic on low suction ceilings. Then boom there was a product failure and people had ceilings fall down. That was from British Gypsum who "thoroughly tested" the material. I agree your tape probably would come in handy when beading a solid corner but it takes me minutes to knock up a material I know will work. Good luck with your venture
"probably come in handy " will do me for starters.

how bout if its non stick as opposed to my tape which is sticky stick
Plaster spot indicators were aimed at plasterers but are now being purchased more by electrician's. They are just a sticker with some hydrated dye, I keep a pack in the van. Come in handy

Plaster spot indicators were aimed at plasterers but are now being purchased more by electrician's. They are just a sticker with some hydrated dye, I keep a pack in the van. Come in handy
what are they for?

great idea i would use it but most spreads dont care about trades following on so i see why not taken off.
also must need to sell by the millions to make a profit.

No you can't its regular sticky tape with holes in it
The adhesive is formulated to stick metal/plastic to board, brick and plaster, the surface is waterproof and it has holes which not only allow the plaster to key onto subtrate but also stops air pocket forming between bead and wall!
So not yer ordinary tape?

The adhesive is formulated to stick metal/plastic to board, brick and plaster, the surface is waterproof and it has holes which not only allow the plaster to key onto subtrate but also stops air pocket forming between bead and wall!
There will be other tape that have these properties...not the hole bit but not enough for a patent by a mile

What happens if the skim shells off the tape. Are you going to indemnify me.

I have a good understanding of the procedure if you patent this I'll eat my hat...live on camera....its too similar to what's about.....you might get some exclusivity rights but theyre worth f**k all