how to use paper tape on re skim ??????? advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

any help on this one would be great :), i have just skimmed a room board work on dot and dab walls and notice that the joint are cracking a little, there all taped up with fibre tape skim skim didnt go off very fast, 2 or 3 day to dry out thick first coat tight sec 3mm max, i am now think of reskim it and placing paper tape would this be my best option and is it easy to place paper tape on pva as never used paper tape before

PVA as normal, thin coat of plaster over the crack then place paper tape into it, cover the paper with a thin coat of skim and then plaster as normal. Make sure you don't put too much pressure on the tape when flattening off or you can press the plaster from behind the tape out and then its not stuck to the wall. Having said that the cracks that are appearing give me an idea that the boards aren't fixed well or some movement is happening and that should be the first option for you.

i put the board up and i alway over do the dots but need had this happen you can hardly see the cracks but just dont want it painted and skirted and then have to go back as hairline crack dont really hide behind paint a filler for long thanks for the advise will try one wall and wait and see finger crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.