how to tell if a job is bad

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
pebble dash it too ;)

well you've certainly come to the right place if you require the the job doing properly, sure theres someone local to you on here that'll be able to help you out

I have sent a letter informing him that I am cancelling the job.

Any one want to quote to make it good?

It's in central london, just inside the conjestion charge zone. I can provide parking permits.

The room is 12'10" x 12'1" (3.91m x 3.68m)

Walls and ceiling (though I think the ceiling is fine now.

make sure you keep as much photo evidence as possible incase he tries to go through the small claims court. dont hold me to this but i think he does infact have a right to come and correct the work, which he has offered to do... but given his reaction and atitude to this i can understand why you dont want to risk having him back, just keep a record of exactly what was said etc just incase :cool:

Looks to me like its all gone on in one go had a bit of a trowel put over it when its already gone black and had the splash brush ran over it.Criminal,got a nerve to call himself a spread!

thta looks lie a cra* job..leaveing the rad brackets on aint such a bad thing dow..1 thing its quick and easy to put the rad back on with no need 2 re hang the rad saving the customer money and plumber time ect and as long as u go round then tidy there is no probs as the rad will allways cover them..surly?

leaving the radiator brackets on causes me a problem if I decide to change the radiators at any stage. rather than having a couple of screw holes to fill, I will be left with areas that need to be plastered

i always operate on the policy of the less features the better, its easier for me to meaure up the scew holes, take off the brackets then i have broader area to skim rather than trowelling around everything.

Thats a shocking state to leave any job in no matter what happens, you're quite right to withhold payment, if he fixes it to a decent standard thats fine but looking at the pictures i doubt thats going to happen. This guy is never a plasterer just a chancer. Might consider contacting tradeing standards and hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else.

if u have 2move a rad later on surly there will be new holes 2 fill any way...? it would just be 2 bracket holes that could also be filled..

Status
Not open for further replies.