how to price up monocouche render

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightonspr

Hello guys

Can anyone tell me what's these days charge for monocouche render with acrylic finish /no insulation/per sq/m labour? straight on brick work.
Been told very ludicrously funny numbers recently! 80 quid/m2. cant be real?

work out how long its gonna take times by youre daywork rate add materials and devide it by youre meterage

Well I know that one but surely there must a general charge per sg m here in UK as this is bit upmarket. Dont you think?

brightonspr said:
Well I know that one but surely there must a general charge per sg m here in UK as this is bit upmarket. Dont you think?
not really give it a couple of years and its full of algae and s**t that comes off the gutters

brightonspr said:
Hello guys

Can anyone tell me what's these days charge for monocouche render with acrylic finish /no insulation/per sq/m labour? straight on brick work.
Been told very ludicrously funny numbers recently! 80 quid/m2. cant be real?
you been talking to render systems?

before you make yourself look like a numpty i would have a word with the person your pricing it up for as acrilics dont normally go on monocouche just eps or cement board with base coat and mesh... try for £45.00 per m2 for the mono thats what I charge

The customer really likes the 1.5mm fine acrylic finish. But he has bricks, So I need to put a undercoat at least 8-10mm. So I decided to put monocouche base coat non colour with mesh with smooth finish and then acrylic on top 1.5mm. I have done it twice already and looking gooood!
thanks guys for your help

brightonspr said:
The customer really likes the 1.5mm fine acrylic finish. But he has bricks, So I need to put a undercoat at least 8-10mm. So I decided to put monocouche base coat non colour with mesh with smooth finish and then acrylic on top 1.5mm. I have done it twice already and looking gooood!
thanks guys for your help
you dont need the monocouch basecoat - just use a polymer re profiling mortar at say 8-10mm and then use the acrylic 1.5mm finish nothing to do with monocouche. its a different system altogether check manufacturer as you may need sealers and primers.
pricing is based per company, not the going rate as everyone seems to want to know. any Qs will tell ya that so its simple. mats plus any other ditrect cost incurred plus your proffit or if its you on the tools just decide how much you wanna earn ???
eg. can a two man firm price the same as a big commercial working on 15000M2 jobs with offices and employed staff to cover when they will be earning directly from the trowel? every firm will have a slightly different pricing structure.

Just go with OCR (One Coat Render) for base coat get it nice and flat... then prime the base with same colour primer as the top coat... then apply acrilic... simple as for price i would consider £12.00 per m2 for the base coat and £5.00 per m2 for the primer and £12.00 per m2 for the finish total £29.00 per m2

got some acrylic to do over mono soon, any body ever done it? does it still need priming if its same colour?

would the pitted texture affect the aggregate rolling about do you think? with the usual basecoats being smooth i mean....might need the primer more for adhesion than colour consistency

been over acrylic with acrylic enuf times when weathers got it :mad: cant see mono bein much different. wouldnt have thought it would need primer for key, should get in touch with manufactuer i guess

merlin said:
been over acrylic with acrylic enuf times when weathers got it :mad: cant see mono bein much different. wouldnt have thought it would need primer for key, should get in touch with manufactuer i guess
I would be tempted to give it a thincoat base first, recon the acrylic will be a bugger to apply over the mono, would also consider a primer

dunno why you would need a primer youve already got a key and you dont need to colour it if its the same colour ! its just the texture im concerned bout, gonna try it tues let you know!

merlin said:
its pro rend ,its got silicone in it, dont think there will be any suction!
the mono is prorend silicone? that should help then. have you ever done that water bubble test thing on the monocouches?

merlin said:
yes mate, no probs done front of house today,
did it go on heavier than normal you think? how does it finish with the mono having like pitted surface? or is it just uniformed and you cant tell any different

I would use primer first on existing acrylic render.then fit fibre glass mesh into waterproof adhesive weber or baumit duocontact adhesive you will need smooth proper backgroud again,after that use coloured primer in the same colour as the final acrylic coat when dry apply top coat.

This is an old thread but interesting as I know very little about acrylic renders and their respective primers.

20 years ago in Germany while still wet behind the ears, we plastic plugged polystyrene slabs onto the outer of hollow blocked buildings. We then rasped off the proud edges, skimmed it with base coat and pressed mesh into this.

We then scraped a thin paint like coating on top, trowelled off the fat and rubbed it around.

It was like an alpine finish. I think it was called "rauh putz" or something similar.

Is this something like you are talking about here?

This is an old thread but interesting as I know very little about acrylic renders and their respective primers.

20 years ago in Germany while still wet behind the ears, we plastic plugged polystyrene slabs onto the outer of hollow blocked buildings. We then rasped off the proud edges, skimmed it with base coat and pressed mesh into this.

We then scraped a thin paint like coating on top, trowelled off the fat and rubbed it around.

It was like an alpine finish. I think it was called "rauh putz" or something similar.

Is this something like you are talking about here?

of a theme, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.