How to price up a job

Members online

S

SeanJ16

In starting my own business and have been plastering for 14 years but I've always worked for other people aN never had to price the work. Can anyone tell me how to price a job by metre squared

Yes you measure and multiply the m2 by the amount you want per m2.:aburrido:

I know that I know how to get area of a wall aNd of the ceiling. But do I have to measure every wall separate by itself? Example,
Room is 2.8m wide by 1.8m so if I multiply those together I can get the area of the ceiling and if I measure one of the walk and multiply it by the walk height I can get the area of that wall and then cause I know the opposite wall is the same I multiply by 2 and same for other walls, would that be correct or is there a better faster
method

Is this site work your pricing? Or domestics?

Just in general, what the method is for pricing a job. Other than the way I said. It doesn't matter how much per square metre I can figure that out my self just what method do you use to give a price

my tape measure goes up in pound notes not mm.......................its piss easy..............if you can get a hold of a plumbers tape you'll make even more money.......................(y)

14 years and your asking that pmsl
If your not going to be helpful f**k off, I've always let "the boss" take care of pricing, as I was only ever getting paid from the neck down, now I do have basic understanding of measuring and how to get an area but I know there is an actual method for plastering pricing. Some people go by time and multiply it by how much they need a day but there is a mathematical way of doing this and I'd like to hear from anyone experienced enough in pricing to explain the method or methods for doing so, you useless troll

the easiest way is to do it by your day rate or an hourly rate which ever you prefer

the easiest way is to do it by your day rate or an hourly rate which ever you prefer
Can't need it for development of business plan, like I can only guess doing by day rate and that's not good enough need to be exact on method of pricing,

Your on the wind up my friend I'm certain, 14 years in the game lol, stick to working for someone else is my advice and the best advice.

Really whatever u were been paid for your old firm per week bang a load on top for domestics but site work the idea I get from off ere there's a different gauge for skimming n boarding depending where u r in the country n there's no price list on ere pal

AGAIN NOT LOOKING FOR A f**k**g PRICE LIST, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT METHOD FOR MEASURING UP A JOB IS, I.E, HOW TO MEASURE UP ALL SURFACE TO BE PLASTERED OTHER THAN MEASURING EVERY WALL TO GET METRE SQUARED, ANYONE ANSWERING TO THIS PLEASE READ ALL OLDER POST BEFORE THROWING IN YOUR TWO CENTS

AGAIN NOT LOOKING FOR A f**k**g PRICE LIST, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT METHOD FOR MEASURING UP A JOB IS, I.E, HOW TO MEASURE UP ALL SURFACE TO BE PLASTERED OTHER THAN MEASURING EVERY WALL TO GET METRE SQUARED, ANYONE ANSWERING TO THIS PLEASE READ ALL OLDER POST BEFORE THROWING IN YOUR TWO CENTS

AGAIN if you have been plastering 14years unless you are thick as pig s**t you would know.
It really isn't difficult

AGAIN if you have been plastering 14years unless you are thick as pig s**t you would know.
It really isn't difficult
OK so it's the way I already stated before in my earlier post? Is it? When I work for someone else I only get paid from neck down like I said I don't get paid to use my head, just to plaster, so why don't you enlighten me? How do you measure up a job?

Know your metre rate and buy a digital laser measure. They calculate the area and are very quick and the better ones are accurate. Our hire a QS.

Know your metre rate and buy a digital laser measure. They calculate the area and are very quick and the better ones are accurate. Our hire a QS.
Thank you but I know my rate, and I've seen people measuring the square metre of the floor of a house and pricing like that but that doesn't seem to taking account of the walls, I'm looking for a quick mathematical way of measuring up total surface to be plastered in a house including ceiling with one calculation, instead of measuring the area of the floor to get the ceiling area by m2 and then the same with the walls, do you know of any other method cause doing the way I just said takes ages

If you don't know the basics of measuring up after 14 yrs,you boss must have been robbing you blind. Oh boss I've done 100 m2 this week,No you haven't its 75m2

If you don't know the basics of measuring up after 14 yrs,you boss must have been robbing you blind. Oh boss I've done 100 m2 this week,No you haven't its 75m2
How is no one getting this, I have a good grasp of mathematics and when I work for someone else it's a day rate not by metre, now I need to know if anyone can describe to of in detail how to price up a job with one mathematical equation

You are chatting absolute s**t to be honest!
Unless your doing massive areas it takes 1 minute max per room.
If your doing big areas common sense would say buy something that does it for you.
You mention a business development plan... You only need one of these if your looking for big funding to be a big contractor and to be honest and this is constructive criticism if you can't work out the quick way of measuring areas your business plan is nowhere near ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder sometimes being illiterate is the common thing these days? Surely if you can count pound notes you able to knock out a simple area calculation. Buy a leica/hilti/or similar laser distance measure that will do it for you with a press of a button.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think u should calm down n throw it over yer thumb ,@Marshy any pictures son for him!!
stopbeing_zps55bc185b.jpg

Thank you but I know my rate, and I've seen people measuring the square metre of the floor of a house and pricing like that but that doesn't seem to taking account of the walls, I'm looking for a quick mathematical way of measuring up total surface to be plastered in a house including ceiling with one calculation, instead of measuring the area of the floor to get the ceiling area by m2 and then the same with the walls, do you know of any other method cause doing the way I just said takes ages
No

Look lads your mostly all dopey f**k**s. He you read my post in looking for a mathematical equation to work out how to price a job without having to measure out every room. If none of you know that fine just stop trying to take the piss, I've priced loads my own job's but only by what I want a day, I need a new way to do it, now try to rattle yer brains and think, please