How to finish boarding my ceiling splayed edge

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartpetty

Hello

Im looking for some advice, im currently boarding out my extension. I was talking with a plasterer the other day and he was concerned as to how I was going to deal with boarding the edges of the vaulted ceiling.

If you take a look at the attached pictures you will see that the trusses come down at an 18 degree angle, before a flat section returning to the wall.

His concern was the join between flat section and the angled truss, he said that there would be no way to fill any gap etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i have seen that you can purchase splayed angle beads etc, my only thought would be to cut the boards for the flat section short and have the pitched ceiling boards protrude a cm over the angle allowing the two boards to sit flush with each other

Many thanks

Stuart rooftrussone.jpg rooftrusstwo.jpg

Just bond the stop bead out first or a few thick coats of finish..

Don't see his issue tbh

Ps make sure your boarding is tidy

Last edited:
Thanks mate, he had a bit of an attitude with me doing the boarding I think, I don't think that ill be using him, wanted to double check with experienced plasters first to see
if his comments where true or not.

Stuart

Thanks mate, he had a bit of an attitude with me doing the boarding I think, I don't think that ill be using him, wanted to double check with experienced plasters first to see

Stuart

Don't get me wrong Stuart, know one like the customers 'having a go' at the boarding at the end of the day we are the ones who have to go over it and make it look right..

Bare in mind that skim plaster is only supposed to go on 2mm thick.

Good luck

pretty apt name. why dont you just carry on down to the wall without the dogs leg. wouldn't take you much past the wallplate by the looks of it. just run some batten along the wall and bob is your uncle

scrap that. looked at the second pic first ffs :RpS_blushing: what a ballache :RpS_mad:

Stuart

It always scared me if the customer said they were doing the boarding or any prep work...

So dont hold that against him :)

pretty apt name. why dont you just carry on down to the wall without the dogs leg. wouldn't take you much past the wallplate by the looks of it. just run some batten along the wall and bob is your uncle

I would still use this idea I'd bolt a timber cross the wall

using The Plasterers Forum app

Easy...board the flat section and lane the board an inch too long.
Rest the raked board onto the back of the flat board and fix.
Cut the flat board off in line with the raked board.
Plasterer should simply fix a 3mm stop (bendy) bad along the edge and high you'll get a perfect finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.