How to estimate pebbles for wet dash?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromcruac

just wondering how some of u guys estimate amount of stone needed for certain areas? is there a weight per sq metre/foot? any help appreciated as this is always tough.:RpS_lol:

Not always sure if these posts are genuine , but heres what you do , tip a 25kg bag of chippings on the floor and spread it out evenly ,sprinkle some cement and some sand over the top , then some water from a watering can (make sure it's got one of them sprinkly things on or the water ends up in one place and you wont get a true measurement) then scrape up one square foot and count the pebbles, TADAAA

You taught me well obe one.....................:RpS_wink:. actually i just copied & pasted it from asif who copied & pasted from erm........................someone else...................:RpS_unsure:

You taught me well obe one.....................:RpS_wink:. actually i just copied & pasted it from asif who copied & pasted from erm........................someone else...................:RpS_unsure:
Geordies are experts on counting stones,

thanks guys, might have to measure for the ones on the ground too:RpS_thumbsup: Im a newbie here, been plastering about 12 yrs. Wet dash used to be done all the time here (R.o.i) when i was an apprentice, now its just the odd extension -match. So i always over estimated before. Heres one for ye.. Scudder: homemade or bought item? which do you use? Im a fan of making my own, always ends up a lighter and better feel,
anyway, thanks again

your welcome mate and apologies for being a teutonic **** , but we only covered this a month ago, so do a quick searchand glean the info you need, have fun and welcome

yeah sorry, i did search but prob not hard enough!Think i put this in wrong section too as its not DIY for me:) Great to have some pro's to lean on and ask info, this game is always gaining new tricks but the experienced info is what's important, although we cant give it all away:) :RpS_thumbsup:
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.