How to build a roman villa

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno how many of u remember a tv producer posted in the jobs section of the forum for plasterers to appear on a tv show, I had the telephone interview but bottled the next interview because I couldn't leave my job for the six month required. I know a few others like rendersystems went even further through the auditions. Anyway it's on Thursday night at 9.00 on channel 4 and might be interesting to see how it turned out and which plasterer got the job!!!!

Awesome... this site should be in the credits for it.... that's what the bird said to me. :) I wonder who got the job :)

did you get a contact telephone number I could have :)

I have just found it :)

She was emailing me for weeks about it then never heard anything more :-(

Lets hope she kept her word :)

Danny

I think he was already on here...... From what i remember this was the only place the advertised for the position.... so either he was a lurker or he registered and did not post. Be good to know either way :)

Danny

Well I sent Tim a text today and he has just signed up... will be good to hear what he has to say.... wish I was not travelling at the time as this would have been awesome :)

Danny

did anyone watch it? i caught the last half hour and thought the guy in charge (prob the architect) needed a back hander across the chops but other than that, not alot to say

I watched it from start to finish and quite enjoyed it - the foreman speaks to the team like crap, the Prof is good entertainment but the thing that stood out for me was the fine array of different comedy slogan T-shirts worn by the plumber..

you know the ones "Same s**t different day" etc...

I loved the fact that for whatever reason he thought it would be good, he went on National TV with a Tshirt sporting "I hang around with some right w*nkers", followed by "if its got tits or wheels youre gonna have trouble with it" to name just 2!!!

fookin mint - looking forward to next week :eek:)

i can't believe no one dropped the head on the architect. the foreman did what foremans always do, told the lads they werent fast enough and werent pulling their weight.

good stuff - and the spreads first trip abroad...

plus another quality tshirt from the plumber.. i knew it would be worth waiting 7 days for ;-)

Last edited:
Interesting programme, but I think half the gang are lazy 'daywork tradesmen.' You can see it in the way they work.

The plasterer seems a nice lad and had an eye for detail when looking at those buildings in turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.