How thin can drywall adhesive go??

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marshr02

Hello there. Not used drywall before. Trying to plasterboard ceiling, which in corner has the underneath of the concrete front step plus a steel. The soffit of the concrete/steel is virtually level with the underneath of the joists around it. SO the last board in this corner can screw into joists on two sides, but needs to be bonded to the concrete on the other - there would be anywhere from 1-5mm space for whatever I use before the board isn't plumb. Can drywall handle going this thin, or should I use something like gripfill. Cheers for any advice

Iva way use which ever just for extra strength drill n plug in to the concrete jus to make sure

thanks for reply - out of interest is mechanical fixing into concrete basically a standard 38mm plasterboard screw into a rawlplug - or am I missing something. Cheers

Personally I'd use a biger screw that's got more bite something that's plated ant wont rust and yeh raw plug

Again thanks for reply. Seems a silly question BUT..it would be too difficult to put a rawlplug in place and THEN offer up plasterboard and find the fixing...so I presume you drill through the plasterboard into the concrete, ....I know it seems silly but...

gripfill it, saves having a part bag knocking about but yes the addy will be ok at that thickness just skim it on the board then on the concrete/steel too

Well said flyn giving you more depth for addy if your concerned , it shud take sayy the best part of 5 mins to packer it down

Status
Not open for further replies.