How much would you quote for this job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever it is they need banning. They are just trolling every thread. Peams you need to be charging more than that mate. So are the 200 materials coming out of your money and you will take a cut from 70 a day? I dont mean to sound nasty but it is a joke. You need to have more confidence and self worth. If you are good at what you do then charge at least double that and if you are not good do something else and stop ruining the trade with stupid prices. I like to make 180 a day after materials and have work stacked a month or so ahead. If you charge 70 a day people will see you as a cowboy. Look if you are a decent plasterer then charge at least twice what you are charging. I know it is different around the country but that is too low mate

I'm confused. Skilled plastering labourers get £7-£10 an hour around where I am and you are a trained plasterer working for £8.75 an hour?

Either way even as a beginner I know how to price work up either by the sqm or the much simpler way of, "I'd like to earn £130 a day, it is a 2 day job so £260+£200 materials = £460"

Didn't seem to hard to me...but what do I know I'm just a student :RpS_unsure:

Exactly cowen which tells you hes not a plasterer otherwise he would know how to price work/ understand his value

Ah that was when you were pretending to be a diyer asking for advice. Now you're pretending to be a plasterer lol

The materials all in are £200.

Full dining room skim not the biggest of rooms, ceiling to be left alone. (4 mixes) One window wall,and a chimney breast wall.
Hallway, 3 mixes tops. No plasterboard, just PVA as the walls are tatty but do not need to be hacked or plaster boarded.

I decorate too, to a very fine standard/finish, dining room and full landing top to bottom including skirts and doors restored including the banister. I'd normally charge a minimum of £70 a day but this job is for a family member and work is like rocking horse **** up north at the moment.

Just trying to get an idea of the prices,

thanks lads.

Every man is free to charge whatever they want to for there services.
As already said you should know what to charge for a days work if you are a tradesman.
I wouldn't charge that rate for a spread,i actually charge my labourers out for that rate.saying that if you can only skim your nor a real plasterer.

It's £70 a day more than I've ever managed to get working for family!

Bastards think it's my hobby
Bastards think I get the materials for free.
Bastards never do me any favours in return.

Bastarding bastards!

Bastarding bastards!

Used to hear oldboys ive worked with say ' friends and family charge em double' for the exact reasons you say lol ....you get no better thought of either

Bastarding bastards!

Bastarding c***ing motherforking bastards indeed! On and off since April!

Shouldn't complain as it got me into plastering but I damn well will complain if I got into it for £70 a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.