How much would you quote for this job?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaems

The materials all in are £200.

Full dining room skim not the biggest of rooms, ceiling to be left alone. (4 mixes) One window wall,and a chimney breast wall.
Hallway, 3 mixes tops. No plasterboard, just PVA as the walls are tatty but do not need to be hacked or plaster boarded.

I decorate too, to a very fine standard/finish, dining room and full landing top to bottom including skirts and doors restored including the banister. I'd normally charge a minimum of £70 a day but this job is for a family member and work is like rocking horse **** up north at the moment.

Just trying to get an idea of the prices,

thanks lads.

Surly you price it at what you want to earn per day plus mats. Not rocket science if your doing this day in day out.. but to be specific id charge between £8/£100,000

Jus charge what ever u think is reasonable , it u normally charge 70 a day just charge 70 a day , thats **** cheap in anyway .

And when you are saying there is no work around .... There still is .... Possibly people might not like your cheap prices .... If other people charge xxx amount theres going to be a big difference and yours cheap the other people more around where they expected to pay .... And get put off with the thought of a bodge job ..... Not saying that u are a bodge though !

Peaems. So that's PMS. Another new identity and stupid question. It's getting boring now.

Decorator or plasterer either you should know how to price work if your willing to do it to a high standard prices should be rolling off the tongue

When you say 4 mixes WTF does that mean? Are you mixing a half bag at a time or 3 bags in a tub?

Full dining room skim not the biggest of rooms, ceiling to be left alone. (4 mixes) One window wall,and a chimney breast wall.
Hallway, 3 mixes tops. No plasterboard, just PVA as the walls are tatty but do not need to be hacked or plaster boarded.

I decorate too, to a very fine standard/finish, dining room and full landing top to bottom including skirts and doors restored including the banister. I'd normally charge a minimum of £70 a day but this job is for a family member and work is like rocking horse **** up north at the moment.

thanks lads.

ffs, you gotta be kidding. you'd be better off selling the big issue or getting a job in bargain booze or something.

Surly you price it at what you want to earn per day plus mats. Not rocket science if your doing this day in day out.. but to be specific id charge between £8/£100,000
sounds good to me @windy,, what would i get for £8 a day

Last edited by a moderator:
And when you are saying there is no work around .... There still is .... Possibly people might not like your cheap prices .... If other people charge xxx amount theres going to be a big difference and yours cheap the other people more around where they expected to pay .... And get put off with the thought of a bodge job ..... Not saying that u are a bodge though !

or hes just shite!

thanks lads.

£70 a day isn't that bad i have worked for less as need to feed family
here is job i did while back as you can see i am reasonable priced

so just charge what the job is worth mate

https://m.facebook.com/PlasterArtLi...1408918830./303930173086621/?type=1&source=42

Status
Not open for further replies.