how much to quote for dot and dab

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp

Got extension to quote for dot and dab walls then skim. Haven't done any but was taught. How much and how do you quote for dot and dab. Is there a set figure per board i was wondering how to price including materials. E.g how many boards will each bag dry wall adhesive cover.
I work £150 day as minimum if possible so any ideas on pricing. Hope makes sense.

I've allways worked on 1 bag of board adhesive covers about 4-5m2 depending on the state of the walls...

i usually get 3 boards to a bag but it depends on the substrate, and i agree with beddy if you have never done it but was taught it?? however that works??? and you dnt know how to price then u shouldnt be charging......sorry demanding 150 a day, this must be a winde up

Like beddy says if you need £150 a day. Judge how many days its gonna take * 150 plus materials. Extensions generally don't work out on a metre rate unless there big. Too many angles on breakthroughs etc.

Like beddy says if you need £150 a day. Judge how many days its gonna take * 150 plus materials. Extensions generally don't work out on a metre rate unless there big. Too many angles on breakthroughs etc.

Thats not what beddy was saying. Beddy meant to say how the **** can you get away with charging 150 a day when you don't know how to ******* price ?!?!

I normally charge 20p per dab and work on two bags for each board .just make sure you put plenty at the bottom for the chippies to fix the skirting with no nails .:RpS_thumbup:

"Haven't done any but was taught" means part of his plastering course.
If you've never done any how the hell do you expect to cover enough ground to warrant £150 a day?
If ever you need open heart surgery give me a shout, I've never done it before but fancy giving it a go. I mean how hard can it be.

how much do you charge andy cos the way caspers harping on aboot diet a few of us mite need some heart work doing:RpS_thumbup:

Sorry beddy. Didn't mean to mis-quote you. I think the guy is prob a customer who's trying to work out how his plasterer is charging him, and his plasterer is telling him he normally makes 150 a day

"Haven't done any but was taught" means part of his plastering course.
If you've never done any how the hell do you expect to cover enough ground to warrant £150 a day?
If ever you need open heart surgery give me a shout, I've never done it before but fancy giving it a go. I mean how hard can it be.

when i had open heart surgery i got it on the nhs

Different boards need different amount of dabs Jamie you work your metre rate from how many dabs go on the wall per m if unsure count you're dabs before you sit the board on

Thanks for replies. Luckily customer has said builder is meant to be doing it. Miscomunication. So only got to do skimming. Been plastering for years but only skim. Never get asked for anything else as usually work for same contacts mainly board work.

Thanks for replies. Luckily customer has said builder is meant to be doing it. Miscomunication. So only got to do skimming. Been plastering for years but only skim. Never get asked for anything else as usually work for same contacts mainly board work.

Then you're a skimmer not a plasterer.

I'm a plasterer but my name says skimmer. Bad choice name I think. Might have to reinvent myself under another name or ill incur the wrath of the forum mafia!

I don't know any skimmers that call themselves skimmers. As soon as they can spread finish they're plasterers!

i spose unless there in the knowledge they think i can spread PLASTER so that makes me a PLASTERER i can kind of see thier logic though the trades been broken down into soo many different sectors now its rare to find someone whos been taught in all aspects

I'm a plasterer but my name says skimmer. Bad choice name I think. Might have to reinvent myself under another name or ill incur the wrath of the forum mafia!

No need to change your name mate, you are untouchable! As you have the sacred stars of gold under your name now

sounds like a lose lose situation for the customer then

**** off, you have not been plastering for years you are by your own admission a skimmer or what i call a thistle pig . Plastering is a trade that has many different skills, ie floating , dry lining ,rendering, screeding etc ,to call your self a plasterer is wrong .You may be a very good and tidy skimmer but if that's all you can do then you are a long way from calling yourself a plasterer.:RpS_cursing:

how many bags of dotting to a board?how do i quote for a dot & dab job? "ive been plastering for years"
are you serious!
plasterer my arse coowwwwboyyyyy:RpS_lol:

how many bags of dotting to a board?how do i quote for a dot & dab job? "ive been plastering for years"
are you serious!
plasterer my arse coowwwwboyyyyy:RpS_lol:

Is that an offer DM...................:-0

I float and set, dab, skim, render smooth, tyrolene and build my own arches. I have never done screed or heavy dash or tiled. Plasterer or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.