how much finish on in a day?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug1986

i know every job is different, but was just looking for folks opinons on what the 'average plasterer' should be covering in a day? skimming. i know personally ive upped my coverage since i started working self employed but the problem is the guy am subbin for is a beast! he's got 17 years more experience than me, i dont even try to keep up with him anymore! the most ive done in one day was 7 multi recently but too you guys that might be nothing!?

Average between 8-10 bags per day but it just depends on the job like today I only used 3/4 of bag so it's ruined my averages this week : )

Totally depends..

If it was all board work, and they were reasonable areas (not loads of angles and awqward bits)..

2-3 sets of 20-30 metres a set Id say..

So site work, 3 sets, 60-90 metres..

Domestic, 2 sets, 40-60 metres.. or if you like, 3 sets and 60-90 metres..

But then thats max, and like you said, every jobs different, some jobs I dont get any more than 20metres on in a day, depends what price you got on the job, and what you can be arsed to do!

I used to do 6 bag sets on my own but f**k that now 2-3 bag sets enough for any one. Some days 1 bag sets is enough depends how im feeling.

thanks guys sounds about right what am working to, sometimes good just to get others views rather than the guy you work with every day! but like i said the guy i subby with is a beast, hes just turned forty and i thought he might slow down a wee bit, but not yet think he might regret it in ten years time when is body is ******!

Just do your own thing mate some spreads are fast and some plodders. What matters is you do a good job first and formost.

Fair play to him you almost sound jealous he makes you look a slow **** every day lol

lol I used to work for a bloke like that proper animal but he would also from time to time have to aims his work but he used to get the young lads to do it. Its surprising what people get away with on site.

nah no jealous! just more respect and try to think i can work up to that speed with another ten years experience. hes good to work with as his work is always spot on! his speciality is dot and dabbing he use to do it every day for 15 years! but it doesnt seem as much of it these days with all the kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.