how long ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

how long do you advise your customers to allow your re skims to dry before they can think about painting?????
and is there better paints out there than others for this purpose??? speaking from experiance not very impressed with b and q trade "paint for new plaster" went on shocking and dried like talc.... still dusty to the touch and done about 6 months ago????? ???

iv got a printed letter with paintin info on, i just give it out after every job makes ya look pro ;-)

Oasis I used to do that but on the back of the letter I would have a decorators advert... he he worked a treat!!

Danny

i always advise my customers to water down some of the paint there going to use like if they are doing the wall yellow then water down some yellow paint , that way it normally only takes 1 more coat of yellow and the jobs a goodun

southernmonkey said:
thats after i have advised the customer to hire an industrial sander to sand the walls down after i've plastered them lol

my mate asked if i could do his mums front room last year but i was really busy and couldnt fit it in so they got some guy outa the local rag and i kid you not after he had done he advised them to sand the walls down before painting to give the wall a key for the paint, my mate asked me "what sand paper do you use on the walls before painting" i went to look and it was shocking needed a belt sander never mind a hand sander lol

thats great guys but no one has actually given me a time scale..... 48hrs? or does no one actually know approx??

No finite answer to your question mate, all depends on weather, heating etc. Tell them when the colour changes from the dark to the light salmon colour, better still ask them to ask a painter.

could be anything from 24hrs to 36 hours mate if you just skimmed a whole room then it's going to take a little while cos of all the moisture in the air if it's over bonding or hardwall than thats gonna take a bit but if its just a quick unibond and skim then probably the next day

i allways give everything a white coat then 2 coat of white for the ceiling and 2 coats of colour 4 walls .. doing a miss at of colour still don't cover 100% allways need the 3 coats of plaster for a top finish ..................IMSO (in my Sh*itty opinion)

When i did the house up couple of years ago i told the wife owt up to six months , evety week she'd say is it ready yet, an if i didn't feel like doin owt i'd get me protimeter out wet my fingers and stick em on the wall just before i stuck the meter in beeep

warriorupnorth said:
When i did the house up couple of years ago i told the wife owt up to six months , evety week she'd say is it ready yet, an if i didn't feel like doin owt i'd get me protimeter out wet my fingers and stick em on the wall just before i stuck the meter in beeep
;D ;D ;D blinder!

Status
Not open for further replies.