How long you leave it in for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

Hi lads just wondering when mixing finish with your refina or what ever you got, how long you have the whisk in for? i know everyones different. i start off with a long stick then put the refina to use on a slow mix as i was told high speed can accelerate the setting time. was told around 30sec to a minute?

Bag under one arm whisk in other hand start it slow and speed it up as the bag empties never timed it tho just mix till there's nee lumps

Just bag it in and mix it up......................you can use this formula for many walks of life

cheers boys. it must be in the top10 for crappest questions/threads known to tpf. my refina was ill for long time so always had the trusted podger n stick which i was brain washed with soo when the refina came back it felt alien to me regarding mixing.

When mixing sometimes when using multi finish. It becomes more gritty when I come to trowel in? Is there a reason why?

also I'm getting bumps in my plaster work little shadows if u will. I'm i not catching it quick enough?

Cheers guys

Refina plastic trowel any good?

Hi guys just wondering what u feel about the refina plastic trowel, I've always been brought up on Marshall town but swaying to the dark side.

is ther any other trowels on the market that speeds up setting time with out compromising the quality

Plus new to this and can't figure out how to post new threads any help?

I would sort out the bumps and grit before trying out different trowels mate... I dont think you would want to speed the process up at all....

I can't fathom why I'm getting bumps all of a sudden? Bin in trade ten years n never come across this it's only when light shines against it

thanks for post

sounds like you may be laying down a bit early ? not tightening 2nd coat in enough ? putting coats on a bit thick ? maybe try flattening 1st coat before applying 2nd coat ? flatten second coat when its pulled in.... these should help pal... and the plazi is just for the final polish... I dont mean mirror finish..

Get a 140 neg refina paddle. Paddle in water, give it a blast so you got a whirlpool going on, throw the bag in ( if you can keep the paddle going, event better). Get the paddle in, 20 seconds later you have the perfect mix, no need to wind the mixer right up either, medium speed on my collomix is about right.

Till today day ive used the paddle which came with my collomix, I now now it's only good for mixing paint......why oh why oh why! That's hours of my life I'll never get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.