How long till i can reskim wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

willieonecoat

Hi i have been plastering my living room walls (diyer) not done too bad of a job on most of the walls but the longest back wall is a bit patchy in places where i had a bag of plaster that was a bad batch and was a nightmare as there was loads of griity bits ruining the mix.

I plastered the wall on wednesday just gone and it has dried out but i won't be plastering it again till either tues or wednesday coming.will it be ok to do it this soon if i pva the walls a couple of times the nite before and then just before i do it once it is tacky.

Also do i have to wet trowel the wall ,only on some walls they feel really smooth once i have second coated them and i don't want it too smooth as i am painting them.

Cheers

Your be fine mate 50/50 with the pva ,make sure your plaster is kept dry and don,t use a bag that you have had opened for a long time 3/4 weeks :RpS_thumbup:

Try and give it a good sanding and easi fill the bad bits that's what most do on here

Did think this but not sure whether not to reskim and hope it comes out better (there is just a few patches that look a bit shabby where i missed )..the wall is 16ft long by 8ft high ,the trouble is it's like an oven in here and it soon starts to go off if i am messing about with it.Is easy fill the better filler for going over plaster in certain places or are the cheap plaster patching tubs you get from cheapo shops any good ?

You should know if your confident enough to skim it again just keep in mind it could pull in faster over fresh plaster. Maybe just mist coat it then you can see all the bits you need to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.