how long after invoise

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1903

just a follow on from another thread how long do you guys put on yer invoices for payment iv got 14 days which seems fine for the private jobs and 30 days for subwork depending the time of the month.

All my invoices state Payment due on date of invoice. Ill print one off the night before finishing and give it to the customer in the morning.

Gives them the morning or day to sort the cheque. I uaually keep the keys till i have the cheque also.

Defo on completion, If they wanna give me a cheque i try to get paid by online transfer straight into the bank instead, had a couple of bouncers in the past......:RpS_cursing:

Longest I would wait before a nudge would be a week,then a gentle reminder.few days then bit more direct...ie within doorstep sh!!ting distance.:RpS_angry:

just taken on job in teeside and thought we got good terms 14 days first invoice and 14 days to wait for first payment... trouble is though after 14 days we will have done over 1500 m2 of EIFS 3000 m2 in a month thats a lot of dosh to be laying out... we are basically funding the main contractors

invoice on private work? hope that doesnt happen to me, id have to put 25% on for tax

invoice on private work? hope that doesnt happen to me, id have to put 25% on for tax

Of course itl happen mate, unless your doing cash. Works work wether its domestic or site, it all requires an invoice, what else do you hand into your accountant otherwise ?

Not only that if your gonna put 25% on then a 2 day job comes in quoted at 2 1/2 days, that makes a diference if other people are quoting.

Last edited:
just taken on job in teeside and thought we got good terms 14 days first invoice and 14 days to wait for first payment... trouble is though after 14 days we will have done over 1500 m2 of EIFS 3000 m2 in a month thats a lot of dosh to be laying out... we are basically funding the main contractors

good luck with that , no doubts them 14 day terms will turn into 30 perhaps 60, but i hope not, good luck with it all

the contractor has got you now just where he wants you. did you run a check on the contractor before you started? lots of contractors are in finanical trouble . a local plastering contractor removes his labour if there is a late payment and tells the contractor that he thought he would give them time to catch up with the payments.

you boys wouldnt like doin work for oil companies then its a 90 day wait F*****g ridiculious
farrens told me that they are going over to 90 day payments and asked if that would be a problem ? i said not to me it would not be, as i am not comming.

I said that a while back - you get a bigger overdraft, so they don't have to :RpS_thumbup:

He's not funding the main contractors at all those are decent terms, subcontractors at the lowest level are bound by those terms sometimes, it just happens to be a big ask in the time and if you're not financially equipped to take the job on don't do it or you end up with 5 blokes instead of 60 because you haven paid them, then you start getting hit with massive charges because the jobs getting behind

do you not put invoices in nps fook me every barst asks me for one haha best one i had was i priced in a little tiny hole patch liturally just half a hawk of bonding and i just put some filler over it as i cuddnt be arsed to skim it the stuff was there already and i quoted 60notes i got a cheque and asked for an invoice haha, wassnt worth my time i was doin them a favour ffs

do you not put invoices in nps fook me every barst asks me for one haha best one i had was i priced in a little tiny hole patch liturally just half a hawk of bonding and i just put some filler over it as i cuddnt be arsed to skim it the stuff was there already and i quoted 60notes i got a cheque and asked for an invoice haha, wassnt worth my time i was doin them a favour ffs
done sumit the same a couple of weeks back Argos put 3 holes the size of yer fists in a ceiling owner wanted a written quote.told him £200 and better still gave me cash

We all put our trust in people to pay us ,we give lets say £1000 of work and hope they give it back ,I went to Tesco the other day ,got to the till ,she said £120 i said i,ll pay you at the end of the month !! if only ,but we still put up with it

I agree it's like we are the main contractors bankers I have a cousin who runs a diamond drilling company and he is always £120K down on his cashflow because he is tied into 90 day payments, i also told him to take a 3 month holiday so he can catch up with his payments, but he is in catch 22 situation as hes scared of loosing the work, and his workforce

the contractor has got you now just where he wants you. did you run a check on the contractor before you started? lots of contractors are in finanical trouble . a local plastering contractor removes his labour if there is a late payment and tells the contractor that he thought he would give them time to catch up with the payments.

If any of you need to check a companies finacial stability/status.I have a link here for a free company check that should give you a basic over veiw of thier financial credibility.This information would cost you from Companies House. If you require a set of AA then this is a small fee. Well worth it in my opinion.Limited companies only.

Company Check Website - find free UK Limited company information

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.