How is it for you

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
How yous all getting on with work. Anyone quiet, just getting by or flat out and knocking back work. I remember sitting in jan thinking last years run of work was just a bit of luck and thinking this year will be different with back to s**t money and just getting days in here and there. Been flatout with renovations, skimming, screeding, concreting and stonewalls. I havent had a min to myself and am f**k**g drained. Bank balance has a smile and just about to take a well deserved break and enjoy a long wknd away to glasgow for good piss up then some time to myself after. Loads priced and if i get them, itll take me back up untill feb/march which will be fantastic compared to what we went through here on west coast of ireland.

Likewise, and it's the same for everyone I speak to across the trades. Quite a few bumping rates and cherry picking jobs now.

Makes me laugh when someone contacts about an extension and expect it to be started in a couple of weeks. I must admit I've started taking the p1ss out of some.
"I want it starting in September."
"OK, no problem. 2017 or 2018."
It goes quiet. :fuckyou::LOL:

Still knocking back internals in favour of externals, have been all summer. Going to price a full house skim for a developer tomorrow though - she's a great payer so exceptions will be made!

Being a BG certified plaster installation expert contractor of trust worthiness guaranteed or your money back I've got tons of work.

I've taken on jobs i should not have of. I f**k**g hate running round. I hate my phone ringing when am on the tools. Am starting to forget what lies I've told to what builders lol. In the next 2 months am going back to 2and1 gang. Less headaches. I don't even know where am working tomorrow yet.

Likewise, and it's the same for everyone I speak to across the trades. Quite a few bumping rates and cherry picking jobs now.

Makes me laugh when someone contacts about an extension and expect it to be started in a couple of weeks. I must admit I've started taking the p1ss out of some.
"I want it starting in September."
"OK, no problem. 2017 or 2018."
It goes quiet. :fuckyou::LOL:

Someone asked me to price a patio, i asked him did he want it done this year and he bust out laughing and said its well for some lol. Felt good

august is usually a quiet month for us, kids at home, everyone thinking about holidays last thing on their mind is plastering. not this year, people booking work, large jobs, builders phoning, can we book you for a full year? no thanks.easy days.

Last edited:
Earned f**k all last month.
My own fault though. Got married went on honeymoon. Plus I have the kids extra in the school holidays. So basically worked f**k all....
September is gonna be a f**k**g shock...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I went to quote a front room tonight and now it looks like im dabbing and skimming the whole house instead. Not sure what went wrong but i'll take it i guess.

Same lots of extensions , on
Tbh I am enjoying work at moment
All decent jobs & customers who don't mind spending money
Makes a change

So can treat , me & my girls , Alcudia in 3 weeks
& lanzarote for Xmas :)

Go down at 6am ready to get an early start and get in front for once this f**k**g year and this awaits me in the kitchen, f**k my life :(

"Let's get a puppy, it's lovely for the little one" she said. Nice one love
image.jpeg

Busy busy busy

Bloke I subby for got it coming out his ears plus my own work is stacking up like mad, as said above not enough days in the week.

Actually looking forward to Christmas going to take a good 3 weeks off to recuperate.

its good to hear everyone is busy :D a few years back it was doom and gloom :D

Those of us at the more 'mature' o_O end of the spectrum have seen enough recessions to know the pendulum always swings back. Hunker down and wait it out. It'll be picking up because of money/consumer confidence and also the site boys are back on sites and leaving all the domestic stuff to those choosing to do it.

A recession can be a good thing in this game. It's usually the clowns and rough fcukers that go to the wall first. Give it a year or two and there'll be a fresh crop back. :rolleyes:

I am right over the top just now, phone keeps ringing and I keep saying there is a good few weeks wait and they keep saying ok :muyenojado: I am now near enough booked out till November which if i'm honest I don't really like, I prefer 2 weeks at most and just plan a few days ahead. I'll never complain with being busy tho cos I remember a few years ago only scraping a few days a week for a couple of months around about the same time I bought my first house

I've taken on jobs i should not have of. I f**k**g hate running round. I hate my phone ringing when am on the tools. Am starting to forget what lies I've told to what builders lol. In the next 2 months am going back to 2and1 gang. Less headaches. I don't even know where am working tomorrow yet.
Know the feeling had to tell a few porkies lately from dentist doctors to long weekends away still they can be just as bad

Have been crazy busy all year, but it's been fairly quiet past couple of weeks up untill this week. then nothing confirmed next week yet. lol but i'm Not worried though at all, enjoy the break whille i can :)

Started for new firm 2 weeks ago they got tons on all in my neck of the woods no going to London they are called Norfolk drywall essex
Are you from Essex gibbo?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk