How high should a stop bead be above a DPC?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cause you use a drip dont mean the render has to bell out to it . Its the drip bead that does the work not the render

I use the shallow plastic drip beads that finish flush with the corner beads, that way you get the bold modern look you are looking for and any water will drop off unlike stop beads as the capillary action of the water could go along the bottom and up and behind the bead.:)

Just cause you use a drip dont mean the render has to bell out to it . Its the drip bead that does the work not the render

you know that pic, the face to hand one ? I need it now.
Has therising damp now, changed its mind and not travelled up the bricks for a change and decided to travel up the render, then turn left and appear inside :RpS_laugh:

The damp on the way down, rain, wouldn't dare turn right and enter the building :RpS_scared:

you know that pic, the face to hand one ? I need it now.
Has therising damp now, changed its mind and not travelled up the bricks for a change and decided to travel up the render, then turn left and appear inside :RpS_laugh:

The damp on the way down, rain, wouldn't dare turn right and enter the building :RpS_scared:

zoolander cant turn left

I use the shallow plastic drip beads that finish flush with the corner beads, that way you get the bold modern look you are looking for and any water will drop off unlike stop beads as the capillary action of the water could go along the bottom and up and behind the bead.:)

You can ask this question every day of the week and the answer will be yes.
I will however be at work at 7.30 am tomorrow and at 8am on Sunday.

The damp however, will never, never rise :RpS_thumbup:

its recession proof.............................:RpS_thumbup:

Its not all about the rising damp, if water gets behind your bead in the depths of winter and freezes(chemical weathering) it could expand between the brick and your bead and force the bead away from the wall causing the render crack or weaken unnecessarily.lets face it a stop bead or a shallow drip bead is going to cost and look the same when rendered so why take the chance?

Attachments

• 1411915866217.jpg
    1411915866217.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 414
  • 1411915900612.jpg
    1411915900612.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 399
can never seem to get them straight ,although they may look straight you get on your hands and knees and look down them theyre up and down like jordans knickers

I twang a chalk line but even then then can look up and down.

Bang tidy that DP. why do you have movement beads up the sides on the front elevation ?

Just curious like.....................:RpS_thumbup:
It's a timber frame, got to have them. Usually 6 metres apart and no more than 3 metres from a corner. Usually try and hide them behind down pipes but not always possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.