how do you protect render when finished?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Just rendered a couple of walls in a duck pen, these walls will be comin into contact with water and will be getting cleaned often. is there any product out there that give hardens the finish and gives it a bit more strenght. i did a strong mix and it looks well but i'd feel better if it had some sort of protective sealer on.

Cheers ladies, Mac

There are dustproofers on the market that are aimed at sealing screeds they might be ok

if it was me i would think about spraying over the render with a water repellant

i use one from everbuild called water seal-(many others from merchants)- which i mostly use for brick or stone after repointing
---after spraying 2 coats this would stop the render getting soaked

waterseal is also microporus (stops water going in but allows wall to breathe)

martin

there are sealers but i have never used them. I have seen one clear sealer that they say improves imact resistance for knocks etc

mac_plastering said:
you can tell its the school holidays, can't you. ;)

Errrrrrr no! :-\ ???
;D ;D

Can't you just paint it mate ?
Oil based masonry paint will do the job ;)
or as above something like thompsons water seal 8)

Who was the job for anyway an MP? ;D

We done a job on an army base dog kennels and they made us use this gear in the render which would protect the walls from dog piss it was german gear I'd have to look through receipts from 2005 if you needed more info

you could paint it with swimming pool paint ,or tile with cheap tile's/mosaic i though the thread was meaning how do you protect as you are rendering ,and was going to say put a tent over it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.