How do I link up with a plastering gang?

merseyguy2

I have 18 months full-time experience of plastering and I wanted to know how best to hook up with a plastering gang. How do I make contact? Where do plasterers find contracting jobs. I don't have any plastering contacts and don't know who to contact etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have 18 months full-time experience of plastering and I wanted to know how best to hook up with a plastering gang. How do I make contact? Where do plasterers find contracting jobs. I don't have any plastering contacts and don't know who to contact etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Local pubs.

Google local spreads nd phone them.

Just look for some turkeys covered in multi and approach them . Oh and get ready for some serious bullshit. Lol

I’ve got a job on if you want to jump on..

£1.80 per m2 and all the multi finish you can eat, you can sleep in my shed as well £50 a week rent (meals not included)

Unfortunately even getting on with a contractor is word of mouth . Your unlikely to be taken on without someone vouching for you . Maybe try some agencies and when your on the job speak to the other lads and also get in contact with the plastering contractor running the job . Also walk onto a housing site and ask the Forman for the plastering contractors number . Spin him some bullshit and you might get a start .

I agree with @beader grinder probably your best bet some real fit guys with nice cocks available probably do gang banging I’m not 100% sure but good luck hunting (y)

If I were you I would say I have 2 to 3 years experience I have got work In pub but those days are gone asking on site s a good way or adds online is the modern way I just finished a job on site I have been in ten months housing development off a add I had on gumtree hard to believe I know

Unfortunately even getting on with a contractor is word of mouth . Your unlikely to be taken on without someone vouching for you . Maybe try some agencies and when your on the job speak to the other lads and also get in contact with the plastering contractor running the job . Also walk onto a housing site and ask the Forman for the plastering contractors number . Spin him some bullshit and you might get a start .

Thanks megamix, unfortunately I can't get on with agencies because they want 2 or 3 years exerience minimum and I am still learning and don't have my speed up yet.....

If I were you I would say I have 2 to 3 years experience I have got work In pub but those days are gone asking on site s a good way or adds online is the modern way I just finished a job on site I have been in ten months housing development off a add I had on gumtree hard to believe I know

I could try gumtree.... good idea. Unfortunately I am still building my speed and experience and so couldn't get away with bluffing that I have 2 or 3 years experience.......

Thanks megamix, unfortunately I can't get on with agencies because they want 2 or 3 years exerience minimum and I am still learning and don't have my speed up yet.....

when you work in a gang ,it will be piece work on a tight target. they will not want someone who is not a plasterer stealing their money.