How do I know if the walls sealed enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

Is there any tell take signs to tell if the PVA has done it's thing before I hit it with a mix?

I've PVAd some walls no problem. Others still high suction, poor PVA, too weak PVA etc....

I want to know if there's a way of taking the guess work out of it all please

Crystal balls are always handy for guess work !!! Lol but no to your question , lay on starts to suck in work faster and sweat a bit lol, next wall put another coat of pva on. If in doubt put two coats of pva on.

Put one coat on, let it dry, put on another coat. If that dries in fast then put on another one until it hangs about for long enough to coat it. Or some people like to go over complete dry pva but that scares me

Something's are only learnt through years in the trade. But as said if it's sucking in quick give it another coat.

Shouldn't this be in the DIY section ?
Probably the most basic of questions, lacking in any common sense since Free D started coming on here.
Do you really need someone to tell you when PVA is ready to skim......

Is there any tell take signs to tell if the PVA has done it's thing before I hit it with a mix?

I've PVAd some walls no problem. Others still high suction, poor PVA, too weak PVA etc....

I want to know if there's a way of taking the guess work out of it all please
Spit on it mate! (The wall that is) if it runs down then your good to go if it sucks in quick then coat it up again! Simples!

Status
Not open for further replies.