How deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to float a wall next week and I'm gonna use hardwall. Spark has asked how far I want him to sink the back boxes for leccy cause he says most plasterers dot and dab after he's been.
I dont know depth of a back box but if he leave 15mm pretruding that will be ok won't it?

get him to do it as tight as poss mate tell him to chase the wall and bury the wires too and tuck his wires in the boxes ........and tell him he's a c**t ;)

he's just tryin it on mate, just tell him youre not dabbin and to treat it likewise.. i.e. same as a lightswitch box, which as grand wizard says.. 11/12mm

standard 5 1/4 door liner - 4" brick leaves 1/14" - 1/2" backing, 1/8 skim per side..

works out at about 15mm per side but 11mm is nice to rule around then skim it..

sorry for the unit confusion.. blame the building trade ;D

Tell him to chase the cables and back back boxes in after ;) doen't normally bother the cnuts, then you get extra for the chases ;D ;D

Most cables are covered with capping nowdays which is generally 8mm to 10mm which is clearly the least amount of backing plaster you can apply(although the capping should really be completely covered with backing coat) so get the boxes fixed at this depth and you can't go wrong.

i hate the capping they never fix them back well enough especially at the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.