How critical is render mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack88

Got a K rend job coming up and been recommended to use render mesh bedded in to the scratch coat to add tensile strength. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on using render mesh on the whole and if anyone does without?? and actually how critial the mesh is. I guess any movement along the wall and the mesh acts as a bridge for the render spreading the load preventing any cracks?? I spose its more critical on the areas where any movement will act on, such as around windows etc and so In that respect would it not be suifficient to just bed the mesh in around these areas?? thanks in advance for your thoughts:RpS_thumbup:

If the job is specified by the client or k-rend , then do it and charge for it, cos if you don't do it and it cracks, your in bother, but if it's just a general recommendation by some one else and you think the substrate is fine then just place stress patches in the usual places, or mention it to the client and see if they are willing to pay the extra, pretty much your call i think , without knowing all the facts

Stress patches round windows etc or fully mesh if speced, ive seen cracking in fully meshed jobs but at least if you have done it you couldnt have done anymore.

@ lucius i saw a gable that had been fully meshed up and split at top and bottom of windows no, no stress pads on either and im guessing lack of lap.

if its on block work full mesh & stress areas around windows we use to lay on 1st coat lay mesh in & top 2nd coat 2 spreads 1 lab knockin up ( no scratch coat ) :RpS_thumbup:

in this day and age buildings are just thrown up with no time to settle or move mesh can only be a good thing for the modern day plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.