how busy are u

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

any one nticen work picken up? when do u think it will get back to normal? its dead in liverpool for me

if the government keep pushing at the lenders hopefully it'll get better :-\........lets hope the lenders arent pocketing the tax money theyve been given ey ......and the greedy bastards pass on the cuts in interest rates!

i'm still busy, renovation job with a mate till feb/march, plenty little'uns on evenings and weekends as well. happy days :)

i recon current situation here for long haul,its been coming for ages ,personley blame all clowns living beyond means and greedy bankers an mortgage companys.anything less than 2 years will be a miracle.people wont start spendin till they no jobs secure an that takes a long time to build up confidence.sorry to be prophet of doom but facts all good times have to be payed for at some stage.dont see things returning to what they were couple of years ago.local build centre gone,when them firms an brick an window companys start going under bad sign not short term :(

i reckon on average you need between 1200-1300 per month to live based on a 150000 mortgage interest only and run a car, pay bills etc so exc 150 per week living costs we need to take home 500 per week ...........where did it all go wrong?............if the government stopped saving all the banks and they go bankrupt we could declare our homes ours by default sorted :D

I have nothing at the mo, sole destroying this trade at the min. I need to think up some tactics to get some folding pictures in my pocket.

Danny

what ever you think up danny count me in. id be a gigelo but too cold to leave my house

Am pretty busy. Been on a large renovation since September turning a large victorian house into flats. Had yesterday off, first day off in 5 weeks, and that's only cos my shoulder was aching like f**k. Will be caught up mid Jan, then got 2 large extensions and a maisonette to do. Little jobs, coving etc coming in between. Been lucky i think, as there's lots locally with nothing.

Not too bad must say it's been a good year, got a house to roughcast just depending on the weather to pick up a little ..need about 3 good days onit also got a large extension inside and out and a few insurance jobs. Going 2 wind down on friday til after xmas then get goin again.

Got work to next Wednesday,then 29th Dec,and right through till end of Jan at the moment.Phone been ringing couple of times a week but not as much as a month or so ago.

GAZ said:
were you from pug?
basingstoke mate, but i'll travel 1 hr any direction for work. i'm also lucky as i've lived and worked in same town all my life so i've a fair few builders and other trades who use me and a long list of civilians who pass my number on. being reliable, tidy and friendly go a long way. ;)

Went to start a large kitchen today..lots of distemper, lovely - wasnt ready builder still messing around taking walls down etc :( not the first time wont be the last could've stayed in bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.