how bigs yours?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

alrite lads, went for it and got a plastic only the 14" cz didnt wna waste a shed load if they wer gash! been playin around with it and i like it so fancy goin abit bigger, just wondered what you boys use, and if theres any draw backs with some of the real big uns!!!:rolleyes)

I've got a 14" and a 20" The bigger ones are great because they're obviously quicker if you do alot of bigger areas.

I was doing alot of curved ceilings not long ago and found the bigger ones ideal for the curves because they're more flexible with the foam on, so it just glides around the curves easier than with the 14"

I think 14" and 20" is enough I wouldn't go bigger, but it's up to you.

They are worth every penny though, they definitely speed things up.

eBay mate I use a 14 try the bigger one and let us know how you get on, you can buy the sleeves any size

Can't believe people plaster with 20's in england...16 is considered a "snow plow" in US. I use 14x4...its as fast as I need...I don't want shoulder surgery in 15 years.

Can't believe people plaster with 20's in england...16 is considered a "snow plow" in US. I use 14x4...its as fast as I need...I don't want shoulder surgery in 15 years.

Don't fall for the bigger the faster theory, it just ain't true. Speed of hand is more important and no one can move a 20in., 16in. or even 14in. trowel as quickly as you can an 11in. I've converted a fair few lads that have come to work for me over the years and they all say that the aches and pains disappear after a while as well. Having said all that I do use a twenty just to flatten in the new Spray Finish because it's still so soft when flattened.

ive got the 14 i find that big enough but i am thinkin about getting the 20, i dnt really like laying on with a ss 20" i found it aint quicker cos my hawks only so wide so i can still only pick up plaster in the middle of the trowel anyway, my mate swears by the 20 for laying on with and then switches to the 14 for flattening and troweling (bit of and irish way to do things) but even like that ill still blast out and area quicker than him.

bit un-gamely for my likeing i picked one up once felt like i had picked up my entire spot board

Why's that 27 dollars and a super flex spat is 110 quid ? Or are we just in the wrong country ........err yes

Mines 14", may not be the biggest, but always leaves my customers satisfied,
It's not how big it is but what you do with it that counts, or so I've been told

Status
Not open for further replies.